XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of the fuel angel mis-fueling device.

It took less than 5 minutes to fit including carefully prising the old filler cap from the flap.

So off to the local petrol station for a tryout....up first came the unleaded pump nozzle and low and behold it did not/could not enter the filler. Changed the nozzle to the diesel one and that fitted perfectly.

So to answer my own question...Yes it does.

The filler nozzle does not go as deep with the unit fitted and when I started to put fuel in I was a bit apprehensive about fuel spillage...But no fears as it worked perfectly.

The unit came well packaged and neatly laid out..The instructions are very clear.

So overall I am pleased.

Well done Pekem for negotiating a good discount. IMOP money well spent.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Thanks for the research at the pumps Liquidsilver :)
I fitted mine a few days ago, and like you, found it very easy.
I haven't needed to fill up yet but I did think that I would have to try it, as you did on a petrol pump, but worried about provoking a tolerant smile, at best, or downright annoyance with other drivers whilst I fiddled around.
So I will now go straight to the diesel pump knowing that it will work well :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
All new XF's now come with a misfuelling prevention device, however I don't think it prevents the nozzle going in to the hole, but rather makes it 'click' off when pulling the handle so that no fuel will be dispensed.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thanks for the report Liquidsilver, I have just ordered one, it's nice to know I've got it right ;)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Tried mine out today for the first time.
After inserting the nozzle I was disappointed because I thought that I was going to encounter a problem will spillage. :eek:
This was because where the nozzle was positioned, less than 25 mm from the top, it would need to be held perfectly steady and at the same time it was not allowing a continuous flow.
However, I pushed on it, quite by accident ,and magically everything was fine. By pushing on the nozzle , ignoring the initial resistance, the device opened up and allowed the nozzle to pass through and enter in the normal way. :oops:
Everything was fine from then on and I filled up in the usual way.
So, money well spent :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
craig said:
^ its only money well spent the day you stand there with a petrol pump in your hand and it wont go in
Craig, that is why I actually tried a petrol pump first. Since I own both a petrol car and a diesel car I need to ensure it worked otherwise I did not want to be the numpty with a petrol pump in one hand and a tank full of petrol in the diesel wishing I had bought a fuel angel doh :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts