XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have recently bought a jaguar XF 2016 2.0 diesel. iv had it 3 weeks and its only got 17,000 miles on it... But to my surprise my passenger door wont open. its unlocked, all other doors open fine but the front passenger wont open from either inside nor out. iv locked and unlocked multiple times, even left it a couple hours and tried again but to no avail. i fear the cable has snapped or locking mechanism has gone. Any tricks or advise you can give me to try fix the problem myself. Very reluctant to pay for stuff like that in this current climate.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Whilst I can't say specifically what it might be, getting a look at the door lock mechanism and cable will be fairly easy If you want to have a go yourself. If you take a look at this video, it shows how to remove the inside door trim to get at the mechanisms inside. That being said, with the door closed you might struggle to get at one of the Torx screws...not quite sure what you can do about that. I don't own an XF anymore, so can't go take a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whilst I can't say specifically what it might be, getting a look at the door lock mechanism and cable will be fairly easy If you want to have a go yourself. If you take a look at this video, it shows how to remove the inside door trim to get at the mechanisms inside. That being said, with the door closed you might struggle to get at one of the Torx screws...not quite sure what you can do about that. I don't own an XF anymore, so can't go take a look.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and post the video for me but the problem is slightly bigger than that. I cant open the door at all to get to the door card, that latch from the inside doesn't work either and can open the door in anyway. I havnt had the car long so there is warranty on it so im going to try get it booked in to be fixed. thanks though!

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's reassuring that you have a warranty. Please let us know how you get on and what the problem was. Perhaps you could ask the garage how they got the door open; that would be useful to know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Simple things first.
Push the door inwards as you pull on the door handle.
If it hasn't been lubricated in a while, during this cold weather, the mechanism can stick.
If this works then give the lock mechanism a generous squirt of WD-40.
If it doesn't work, you've lost nothing :)
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, i have recently bought a jaguar XF 2016 2.0 diesel. iv had it 3 weeks and its only got 17,000 miles on it... But to my surprise my passenger door wont open. its unlocked, all other doors open fine but the front passenger wont open from either inside nor out. iv locked and unlocked multiple times, even left it a couple hours and tried again but to no avail. i fear the cable has snapped or locking mechanism has gone. Any tricks or advise you can give me to try fix the problem myself. Very reluctant to pay for stuff like that in this current climate.
So the inside door handle has stared to work and still waiting to hear from the dealership!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts