XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can read the manual (will do that tomorrow) but I do not know how these sensors work.
In my last car (E class Merc) they bleeped when you came close to anything at anytime.
The XF only seems to bleep at the front if I have previously engaged reverse. If I just drive up to a bollard they are not bleeping.
Must read manual

·
Registered
374 Posts
You need to activate them manually if you are driving forwards. They come on automatically when you select reverse. There's a button in the cabon somewhere for switiching them on. I don't have them so i'm not sure where it is.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Roma said:
You need to activate them manually if you are driving forwards. They come on automatically when you select reverse. There's a button in the cabon somewhere for switiching them on. I don't have them so i'm not sure where it is.
The front sensor switch is above to the front courtesy lights.

·
Registered
618 Posts
yeah the switch is next to the rear blind switch in the roof console and it has a P icon on it with what look like radar waves emitting from it. It illuminates yellow when in use. Basically its done to stop the bleeping when you are sitting in traffic and someone walks infront of your car which can be infuriating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts