1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XF S Portfolio 2009
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 portfolio,
Still finding my way around this car. A few questions:-
1. How to adjust the height of the front head restraint, it says in the handbook to squeeze the collar but it does not have a catch like my previous S type did. It must be possible because the passenger side is at a different height.
2. The oil level indicates an overfill, no dipstick to manually check so how to remove some oil EASILY. I will get it done at my local independent garage.
3. Can I have a parking pack fitted?
4. What is the removable top of what looks like a dipstick tube for?
Someone out there knows the answers,
Alan of Buckley

·
Registered
2009 XF 2.7 Azure Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Hi Alan.
I have tried to answer some of your questions as best I can. They may be useful !
1) Just as the chrome tubing enters the top of the seat there is this plastic collar. just squeeze.. Picture1.jpg
2) Have you topped up the oil recently and just overfilled. (otherwise I would be very worried about oil dilution). The only way I can think of easily lowering the level is to use an oil vacuum pump or undo sump drain plug.
3) As far as I'm aware you cannot retro-fit the Parking Pack as fitted to later models. (Or are you thinking of adding front Park Assist to supplement the rears)
4) Not sure what removable top you are referring to. It may be where the dipstick was fitted. A lot of manufactures remove the oil by suction nowadays rather than removing the sump plug. Also the transmission normally has a sealed plug on top for the mechanics to add transmission oil if gearbox serviced or repaired.
Hopefully someone on the forum may be able to clarify or give more information to help !..;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alan.
I have tried to answer some of your questions as best I can. They may be useful !
1) Just as the chrome tubing enters the top of the seat there is this plastic collar. just squeeze.. View attachment 50732
2) Have you topped up the oil recently and just overfilled. (otherwise I would be very worried about oil dilution). The only way I can think of easily lowering the level is to use an oil vacuum pump or undo sump drain plug.
3) As far as I'm aware you cannot retro-fit the Parking Pack as fitted to later models. (Or are you thinking of adding front Park Assist to supplement the rears)
4) Not sure what removable top you are referring to. It may be where the dipstick was fitted. A lot of manufactures remove the oil by suction nowadays rather than removing the sump plug. Also the transmission normally has a sealed plug on top for the mechanics to add transmission oil if gearbox serviced or repaired.
Hopefully someone on the forum may be able to clarify or give more information to help !..;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for response.
yes, I have tried squeezing the plastic collar on the head restraint, they are perfectly round and there is no give when I press them, they look similar to the ones on my previous S type but no give when squeezed. I have had the car a few weeks now. The oil was changed by the dealer when I bought the car. I am going to get him to remove some oil. I have had problems before on previous cars with overfill. I checked with my local garage why they tend to overfill. They look up oil capacity and use that but that is CAPACITY in total, not refill.
I understand what you say about a worry, ie. water in the oil would give an overfill warning.
Oh for a dipstick and you can't beat diy.
I will investigate fitting a rear parking camera later, I still think it can be done.

·
Registered
2009 XF 2.7 Azure Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Hi Alan, the parking pack is completely different to rear parking camera and yes it can be retro fitted although some say it can't. I read an article yesterday about a guy who did it.. You need the parts and the sdd flashing to enable inclusion on the monitor. I was also thinking does your Jag have electric head rests. They have a silver push button on the side of the head rest ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Alan.
1) Just as the chrome tubing enters the top of the seat there is this plastic collar. just squeeze.. View attachment 50732

1 - 8 of 8 Posts