XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering about the Distance arrows ranging from > to >>>> (with default >>>) does this translate into any meaningful distance? For example if I have >>>> as my ACC distance setting, does it mean 40 meters or 100 meters? Is there any such measurement?

Another thing I have noticed is the forward radar > setting is very different from the corresponding ACC > setting... in ACC > is equal to FR >>>> or something... any help on this will be appreciated!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi rpgazder, I asked this exact question from Jaguar when I first had mine and was told each chevron represents approximately 20 metres, so 4 chevrons = 80 metres. Hope this helps.

I am wondering about the Distance arrows ranging from > to >>>> (with default >>>) does this translate into any meaningful distance? For example if I have >>>> as my ACC distance setting, does it mean 40 meters or 100 meters? Is there any such measurement?

Another thing I have noticed is the forward radar > setting is very different from the corresponding ACC > setting... in ACC > is equal to FR >>>> or something... any help on this will be appreciated!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Threebs for your reply... so I finally found out the > is called a chevron! Now, tell me, my impression is that the same chevron distance for ACC is different when ACC is off and only forward radar is on... 4 >>>> in forward radar is equivalent to 1> or 2>> in ACC. Have you noticed this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you mean forward alert then yes, maximum warning I have ever received is 30-35 metres. but it is a bit hit and miss, it has difficulty sometimes detecting an obstacle half that distance. Inclement weather can also affect the range.

thanks Threebs for your reply... so I finally found out the > is called a chevron! Now, tell me, my impression is that the same chevron distance for ACC is different when ACC is off and only forward radar is on... 4 >>>> in forward radar is equivalent to 1> or 2>> in ACC. Have you noticed this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rpgazder,

I think the active cruise is the best option that you can get on a Jag.

From day 1 I have jumped in the car and switch it on and knock it down to 1 chevron and go from there.

Always ace on the motorway and any other road.

Loads of my previous cars have had cruise control but you always end up braking and resetting after some prat in front of you changes his speed for no reason-this actice cruise really does work well-i love it.

I also have a 4wd auto, cruise and lots of toys but i really do miss the active cruise

Reecy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts