XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently have trouble on my tablet accessing this website, it is only this website. I click on the site, it loads but I just get a blank white screen, no warnings just nothing.
I have to spend several days mucking about clearing cache, history, turning pop ups on and off and even reloading chrome.
I have tried other browsers, Firefox etc , and have the same issues. And it's only on my samsung tablet I have problems.
I realise it's probably a setting on my tablet, but I can't seem to resolve the issue and was hoping one of you experts could point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
22,427 Posts
I frequently have trouble on my tablet accessing this website, it is only this website. I click on the site, it loads but I just get a blank white screen, no warnings just nothing.
I have to spend several days mucking about clearing cache, history, turning pop ups on and off and even reloading chrome.
I have tried other browsers, Firefox etc , and have the same issues. And it's only on my samsung tablet I have problems.
I realise it's probably a setting on my tablet, but I can't seem to resolve the issue and was hoping one of you experts could point me in the right direction.
Thanks.
After clearing Cache etc are you then, albeit temporarily, able to access site ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes it will work for a few days, and sometimes it takes days of trying different things before I get access.
I have had no access for the last 10 days and finally got through this morning. It will now probably be ok for the next few days.

·
Administrator
415 Posts
Thanks.
what version of the samsung tablet do you have and have you done a system update yet to make sure that the device is on it's latest version?

and on the browser, is the site in mobile mode or in desktop mode?

Lee

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
what version of the samsung tablet do you have and have you done a system update yet to make sure that the device is on it's latest version?

and on the browser, is the site in mobile mode or in desktop mode?

Lee
It is a tab A . SMT580.
I think the problems started shortly after my last update about 3 months back.
I have tried mobile and desktop with no joy.

I am in a funny loop at the moment in that today I can get the forum on Chrome, but Firefox is still a blank page. Its usually both that stop.
It must be something in the internet settings, I just can't seem to nail it down.
Thanks for your help.

Mick

·
Administrator
415 Posts
Hello there,

Can you just send us some screenshots of your situation and see if we can replicate it on an Android device?

Best regards,

Ed

·
Administrator
415 Posts
Hello there,

Can you remove the extra text on the thread and just enter "www.xfforum.co.uk" on the search bar and see what happens?

Best regards,

Ed

·
Administrator
415 Posts
This is strange. I tested it on the Firefox browser on a mobile device and it worked out fine.
I see that someone recommended clearing your caches, did you perform that?
Also remove the cookies as well.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have just done that and as before I can now get into the forum without issue.
My problem is that it happens often and eventually after going through all the the cache and cookie clearing I can log in, but after a few days I will have the same problem and was hoping there is a setting that I can set to avoid the mucking around every few days.
As mentioned it us only this site.

Thanks
Mick

·
Administrator
22,427 Posts
Could it be that there is an option to allow certain sites ?
I know it is a long shot but there was something on a device I had that created a white list :confused:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
It is my impression, that this site is very complicated. It runs perfectly on my iMac with the Safari browser, but when I'm in other places and use random computers, I often have problems. Even on Windows computers with the Internet Explorer browser, which should be the most common type of computer. On some computers, I had to type very slowly and press firmly on each key, if I wanted to post something. I know it sounds completely silly, but if I didn't press each key slowly and firmly, the computer simply wouldn't react to the input. On other computers, I got an error every time I opened a new page or a new thread to read it. I just had to reload the page to be able to see it, but in the long run it was annoying. So in my experience, a lot of computers don't work very well with this site.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I seem have had no issues for last few days, don't know what's changed but will update you if it comes back again.
Thanks for you efforts either way.

Mick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts