XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members with 08 (09 Model Year) 2.7 Diesels are invited to purchase through the Forum a Fuel Angel Misfuelling Prevention Device.
Plainly this offer will be of interest to owners of pre Model Year 2010 cars, present production models have a device fitted by Jaguar

The Fuel Angel Misfuelling Prevention Device replaces the existing filler cap and, once fitted, prevents you from accidentally putting a petrol nozzle into a diesel filler neck. Incidents of misfuelling are occurring up and down the country on a daily basis and there have been many reports of garages exploiting the hapless motorist and charging an exorbitant amount to restore the engine.

I know that we have a few members who claim that they would never make the mistake of losing concentration for a moment, and that's all that's required, and fill the car from the petrol pump, others, and I am one, believe that it could happen to them. I was told over the weekend a story of how the Chief Engineer of a Formula 1 racing team admitted to filling his 2.7 Jaguar XJ with petrol; so don't feel bad if it happens to you :)

Fuel Angel is a leading developer of misfuelling devices and has the approval of the Motor Industry Research Association (MIRA) who completed testing of the Fuel Angel Misfuelling Prevention Device and declared that it meets the component test specification defined by the Motor Insurance Research Centre Thatcham.

Forum members are able to make a substantial saving from the regular price of £49.95 and are invited to order via a Private Mail
It will be necessary to work out the delivery logistics and associated cost to members because it is anticipated that the offer from Fuel Angel envisages a central delivery point.

The really good news is that the Forum price for the unit ex delivery is £36 and if you would like to participate and purchase one, please mail me. I will discover more about the delivery logistics in due course :D

More:
http://www.misfuellingprevention.co.uk/index.asp

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would be interested in this offer. However, I would like to read a review of the unit fitted to an XF by a member. Things like, what it is like to refuel with the device fitted... any downsides?? Does it take longer to refuel etc.. Any offers??

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AndyB said:
I would be interested in this offer. However, I would like to read a review of the unit fitted to an XF by a member. Things like, what it is like to refuel with the device fitted... any downsides?? Does it take longer to refuel etc.. Any offers??
I don't think you will learn more from a user here than that which is available to be studied in the news section and elsewhere of Fuel Angel's website :)

You could firstly look at the test results of MIRA, link below and then the comment from Autoexpress

http://www.misfuellingprevention.co.uk/ ... .asp?ID=31

http://www.misfuellingprevention.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... ought.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd sign up too, provided an XF owner can give an honest and independent review. Having just moved to my first diesel, I am paranoid about absent mindedly filling with the wrong fuel.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have also registered interest in this device.

Anything that error proofs against wrong fuel is a must.

Pekem, excellent discount though depends on postage costs. Also, is it possible for you to try out one? This might encourage more members to come forward.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seems a good idea but as it replaces the existing filler cap - how do you get the old one off?
I've looked at how I might prise off the retaining cord but it seems that cutting it off is the only option, not so good if you might need to replace the original filling cap at some stage - any ideas?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please note that I am simply acting as a conduit for this offer and have no interest other than to fit a device to my own car.
This offer is dependent on an order, a one off order at this time, and consequently people will need to do their own research as to the suitability of the device in relation to their own car.
It follows that once an order is placed by me with Fuel Angel the offer will come to an end for the foreseeable future. I am not prepared to wait too long to assemble an order to attract the special discount; preferring instead to simply proceed with a purchase on my own behalf at the regular price of £49.95.
I have had interest expressed by a number of members and if they wish to confirm their intention to join me then as I stated initially they should say so via a Private Mail.
Postage, it is envisaged that first class recorded delivery be used, and just looking at the device in the pictures below I would guess that the cost would be less than three or four pounds.

It seems that the fitting is quite simple and is described below.

1.Open the fuel filler flap.
2.Remove existing fuel cap from the filler neck. If a tether retains the existing fuel cap, unclip the tether from the filler cap. Put the original filler cap to one side.
3.Remove the new filler cap from the MPD.
4.Insert the MPD into the filler neck and use the tool provided to securely tighten the MPD. We recommend using a torque of 12Nm +/- 2Nm
5.If fitted, attach the tether to the new filler cap.
6.Fit the new filler cap onto the MPD.
7.Close the filler flap.

Finally I would simply add that if a mistake is made filling a diesel car and a misfueling device is not fitted it is likely to be around £500 to restore :shock:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to repeat my enquiry Pekem

It seems easy to fit BUT the tether doesn't seem to unclip on the XF. Looks like you will have to cut it
Has anyone done this?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KKman said:
Just to repeat my enquiry Pekem

It seems easy to fit BUT the tether doesn't seem to unclip on the XF. Looks like you will have to cut it
Has anyone done this?
I do not have more knowledge of this item than you and I can only repeat the advice given earlier to AndyB and make your own enquiries direct with Fuel Angel.

With regard to the offer generally; it is closing on Wednesday of this week and If anyone would like to take advantage of it then it is imperative that I have a clear and positive request sent to me by then via Private Mail providing an email and contact address etc.
I do not anticipate making the offer again in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts