XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Only used products I had available indoors SRP, Eg and poorboyswheel sealant.

Looking forward to using other products. Advice welcome image1.JPG IMG_4438.jpg IMG_4439.jpg IMG_4440.jpg IMG_4441.jpg IMG_4442.JPG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, my (black) XF just arrived at the dealer. I will have it (Modesta) glasscoated by a local detailer to protect paint and to get a deeper shine. Nice car btw !

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good move to get a detailer onto your car before the dealer. I had mine treated to Gtechniq Crystal Serum, but the detailer wouldn't apply it a first, he showed me the shocking damage done by the dealer's attempt at polishing it up for collection! I had to have a full day of correction polishing before it got coated. Looks fab now (even after 10k miles).

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got my 2014 r sport a correction detail and fully gtechniq'd inside and out.
Well worth the money

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got my 2014 r sport a correction detail and fully gtechniq'd inside and out.
Well worth the money
I have been thinking about having this done. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost for the treatment inside and out?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had mine fully gtechniq'd inside and out a year ago for about £600, they had the car for 3 days and the finish was like new. They also had a brand new car just delivered for the full works straight from the dealership, still with the protective film still on it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks Nigely, now that you have had it a year, what are your thoughts about the initial outlay and the results?

·
Registered
767 Posts
The car has been washed with the shampoo, mitten and dried with the towels that came with the kit they gave me. Overall very happy, still looks like new when I put the effort in to giving it a good clean. No swirl marks still, admit that I've had the wheels refurbished before putting the summer tyres back on the car but otherwise the car looked better after they did it than when I got it from a main dealer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Many thanks and much appreciated for the response. I now need to convince SWMBO that the car needs an early Christmas present :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts