XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And blistfully happy :D

So far so good. After reading all of the horror stories i can honestly say that so far i have only 2 minor niggles.

1. The bonnet needs adjusting on the near side (something i'll do myself rather than taking time to drive to the dealers)
2. The sat nav logic, which when i tested it out seems to want to take me from Woodbridge through Ipswich (shortest route) to Colchester rather than the quicker route via the A14. (although i must confess that i have spent little time trying to work out how to programme the sat nav)

The car drives superbly and in my opinion is much better than the 5 series BMW which it replaced. It's also much rarer although i did follow another XF for a few miles on the A12 Monday morning on my way to work. Much more relaxing to drive and for those who complain about ride quality try a 5 series in M Sport spec with run flat tyres and you'll know what a poor ride really is!

So far i've managed 39mpg with normal cruising along the A12 (as normal as the A12 allows!!!!) morning and evening and finding the heated screen and heated steering wheel a real bonus some mornings.

No problems with the seats comfort wise although they could do with more lateral support when cornering. However the sport seats in my BMW, whilst providing the lateral support, also gave me back and shoulder ache. So far the XF seats have overcome this.

In short one very happy owner & long may it continue

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
PaulCP said:
2. The sat nav logic, which when i tested it out seems to want to take me from Woodbridge through Ipswich (shortest route) to Colchester rather than the quicker route via the A14. (although i must confess that i have spent little time trying to work out how to programme the sat nav)
Yes Paul it is a great car to drive. Hopefully Jaguar will come up with a logic fix in the not too distant future. Meanwhile it will continue to ignore major road preferences and steer you through the the most congested areas if the distance is less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also forgot to mention that i have experienced no problems pulling away from standstill at roundabouts etc. The pick up & response is fine.

I was becoming concerned about some of the comments on the forum about this after i ordered the car because the car i test drove for a couple of hours was slow to move off & i put it down to not being use to it. At the moment i find that when a gap is appearing if i move off the brake and let the car roll forwards slightly then apply the power progressively it pulls away quickly enough.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
PaulCP said:
Also forgot to mention that i have experienced no problems pulling away from standstill at roundabouts etc. The pick up & response is fine.

I was becoming concerned about some of the comments on the forum about this after i ordered the car because the car i test drove for a couple of hours was slow to move off & i put it down to not being use to it. At the moment i find that when a gap is appearing if i move off the brake and let the car roll forwards slightly then apply the power progressively it pulls away quickly enough.
Your story gets better and better; so many positive accounts of XF ownership in recent days. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
PaulCP said:
And blistfully happy :D

So far so good. After reading all of the horror stories i can honestly say that so far i have only 2 minor niggles.

1. The bonnet needs adjusting on the near side (something i'll do myself rather than taking time to drive to the dealers)

The car drives superbly and in my opinion is much better than the 5 series BMW which it replaced. It's also much rarer although i did follow another XF for a few miles on the A12 Monday morning on my way to work. Much more relaxing to drive and for those who complain about ride quality try a 5 series in M Sport spec with run flat tyres and you'll know what a poor ride really is!

So far i've managed 39mpg with normal cruising along the A12 (as normal as the A12 allows!!!!) morning and evening and finding the heated screen and heated steering wheel a real bonus some mornings.

No problems with the seats comfort wise although they could do with more lateral support when cornering. However the sport seats in my BMW, whilst providing the lateral support, also gave me back and shoulder ache. So far the XF seats have overcome this.

In short one very happy owner & long may it continue
Hi Paul, hows the car performing now please?.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You have been lucky my new 09 XF lasted 4 days and just over 500 miles thats the last i have seen of it..... Dealer and jag cant fix it so i have now rejected the car and have asked for another new one. Will ring dealer Monday 16th to see how long it will take them to get me an identical car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the engine just cut out and i could not re-start it but jag assist did but it cut out on him as well, so then he said it was unsafe to drive. Not seen the car since and i have now lost confidence in them fixing it, as its well over a week now in the dealership.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
johnbmwx6 said:
13000 miles on the clock now and all i can say is that IMO it really is has the 5 series well beaten.

Satnav is fixed and has worked faultlessly since and car has not missed a beat. Engine has loosened up and performs well and average mpg since taken delivery is recorded on the computer as 39.6.

I may be moving abroad later in the year (job related) and since i'm going where petrol is cheap i WILL be looking at getting the V8

·
Registered
9 Posts
PaulCP said:
johnbmwx6 said:
13000 miles on the clock now and all i can say is that IMO it really is has the 5 series well beaten.

Satnav is fixed and has worked faultlessly since and car has not missed a beat. Engine has loosened up and performs well and average mpg since taken delivery is recorded on the computer as 39.6.

I may be moving abroad later in the year (job related) and since i'm going where petrol is cheap i WILL be looking at getting the V8
Thats great news and good economy too, best of luck with the move ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
PaulCP said:
johnbmwx6 said:

Satnav is fixed and has worked faultlessly since and car has not missed a beat.
Is it possible to fix the Satnav "Logic", cos mine keep choosing shorter, more congested routes over slightly longer, faster.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts