XF Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The front end that should have been on the XF.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I heard that at the time of the XF production design the tech didn't exist to make the lights with that profile that would be bright enough. So we'd have had to wait until now for the XF, I don't think Jaguar would have been able to do that!

Looks great though!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have eagerly awaited the launch of the XJ, and while it is a good looking car I am not convinced that it is as good looking as my XF.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The bottom shot screams Citroen at me? Good front end though.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
I can imagine that this car is going to be just the thing at a price range of £55.000 to £85000 to woo the presently reluctant Bentley buyers. Even the CEO of RBS could get it past the board :lol: :More importantly, he would probably like one. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
QHunter, I agree, it's similiar to a Citroen C6 and the profile of the side is akin to an Audi A6 saloon.

After finding out that it uses the same engines as the XF does it made me realise that isn't the XJ just going to be a bigger, slower, heavier version of the XF?

I'm sure it'll be great but I'm happy with my XF, thanks. :lol:

And, can you imagine Gordon Brown getting into that? That's what the XJ's all about! :lol:

·
Registered
303 Posts
xfphillips, I think the fact the XJ will have an aluminium chassis (much lighter than the XF's steel) should mean performance figures are pretty close.
If Jaguar'd had the cash to develop the XF chassis in Aluminium i'd bet the mpg would be close to 50, and the car would be even quicker.
Who knows if the current XF will get that revision, or if Tata will fund it for the next XF (whenever that may be?)

·
Registered
100 Posts
can't help thinking my XF looks better. Though I like the front end, the rear end sucks...But Hey! its only my opinion.

It might grow on me when seen in the metal.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have had a close look at one in the metal now and I agree it is very much like a large Citroen C6 especially at the back, with very much A6 in profile and a flatter XF at the front. I really dont like the C-pillars.

The interior is lovely quality and I am pleased to announce its a different navigation system to the XF :D

I have to say though, its a shame that the wood trim isnt available in black as that with the dark red seating would look very nice. I am not so sure about it as a luxury limo though as it feels like a Maserati Quattroporte inside which is more a sports car with 4 doors. It feels more sports orientated in there than the XF (and actually feels like a boat theme going on).

Its bold, its different but I am not sure that it will compete with the S-class for the chauffeur market and I dont think its a daily driver for the average owner because its more a car to be driven in whereas the current XJ is something you could see yourself driving daily.

I am going to be controversial here and suggest that it is a huge step in a different direction (hopefully not too far) that they should have killed the XJ name and called it something else.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, :D

Saw new XJ today in showroom at local dealership, booked test drive next week then around corner of same showroom put my eyes on the XFR..... :lol: having test drive in that as well next week..will I buy either you bet had current XF valued by dealership just working now on finance figures :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts