XF Forum banner

First Service

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  iceman 
#1 ·
Took the car in for its 1st Service yesterday its 1 year old on Sat, only 2627 miles on the clock so not looking at a long wait. Apart from the usual I asked the service manager to check out a couple of rattles and one big clunking noise coming fro the back end its been there since new and only heard when driving very slow into the garage and over speed humps. After waiting 3 hours I got the car back and was told they need the car for at least 1 day and if parts are needed longer than that, I said I would be in touch.

Now the doom and gloom with 2600+ miles done I worked out that apart from the pick up which was 220 miles I have made 12 visits to the dealer a 50+ mile round trip so the next visit for the rattle fix will be 13th (650 miles on dealer trips) the wife has told me not to consider another Jag enough is enough, perhaps the car was always doomed it was the first with a duff diff and that was day 1. Funny thing is I still think its the best looking car inside and out, best car I have ever driven and there is nothing else I fancy. This service was free part of a compensation package and I do believe that both dealer and Jaguar are trying hard to please the customer all you can ask really
for. I do hope that you guys now buying your XFs will have a trouble free life.

gary

See less See more
#2 ·
garyxf said:
Took the car in for its 1st Service yesterday its 1 year old on Sat, only 2627 miles on the clock so not looking at a long wait. Apart from the usual I asked the service manager to check out a couple of rattles and one big clunking noise coming fro the back end its been there since new and only heard when driving very slow into the garage and over speed humps. After waiting 3 hours I got the car back and was told they need the car for at least 1 day and if parts are needed longer than that, I said I would be in touch.

Now the doom and gloom with 2600+ miles done I worked out that apart from the pick up which was 220 miles I have made 12 visits to the dealer a 50+ mile round trip so the next visit for the rattle fix will be 13th (650 miles on dealer trips) the wife has told me not to consider another Jag enough is enough, perhaps the car was always doomed it was the first with a duff diff and that was day 1. Funny thing is I still think its the best looking car inside and out, best car I have ever driven and there is nothing else I fancy. This service was free part of a compensation package and I do believe that both dealer and Jaguar are trying hard to please the customer all you can ask really
for. I do hope that you guys now buying your XFs will have a trouble free life.

gary
I had significant problems with my original XF which included Oil Pressure issues which led to a new engine which then led to problems with the fuel, cooling and air con systems (mainly due to things not being put back correctly from the engine replacement). I tend to judge a company on how it deals with problems and due to the number of problems I felt justified in asking for a replacement which was duly provided (I had to make a small contribution but I have a new car and overall financially I am no worse off). Everything with the new XF is fine so far (Tocuh Wood) :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.