XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst I admit to being one of the more vocal critics of the XF’s niggles, I’m very pleased to say that it has just come back from it’s first service (Absence makes the heart grow fonder) and it seems very different, firstly the service points:
1. Erratic service counter – Nothing can be done
2. Sat Nav update – done, I haven’t tested it much but the TMC warning are still useless
3. severe wear on outside edges of front tyres – tracking adjusted
4. Condensation in rear light – new light ordered
5. Vibration/rattle @ 1,500-2,000 rpm – part ordered

So all in all pretty good, I was especially pleased that they can fix the rattle as I expected a ‘We cant find the fault’.

BUT, on driving the car it feels the same but the auto MPG figure I got driving home was crazy, ave 49mpg @ 58mph for 30 miles, and at 18 miles it topped 55mpg!!. Admittedly that car was warm ant it was predominantly on the M42 in traffic, but still it is way more than I have ever seen before, and I had the aircon on auto. Also it feels like the cruising engine speed has dropped and is now at 2,000rpm @75mph. I presume this is just me thinking it has changed. It was so bizarre an improvement that I took some pics on my mobile and will upload them in a week or so when I’m back in the office.

So tech guys is there a remapping that is being done on cars now? My car is about 9 months old. Has something been changed or just a fluke of timing??

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would say that your ECU has been reset and that the car is 'learning' again. Plus with fresh oil you might get a tiny bit better mpg.

It's best to see if that economy is maintained when you covered a few more miles and the ECU has learned your driving style and adapted itself to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
rclifford said:
BUT, on driving the car it feels the same but the auto MPG figure I got driving home was crazy, ave 49mpg @ 58mph for 30 miles, and at 18 miles it topped 55mpg!!. Admittedly that car was warm ant it was predominantly on the M42 in traffic, but still it is way more than I have ever seen before, and I had the aircon on auto. Also it feels like the cruising engine speed has dropped and is now at 2,000rpm @75mph. I presume this is just me thinking it has changed. It was so bizarre an improvement that I took some pics on my mobile and will upload them in a week or so when I’m back in the office.

So tech guys is there a remapping that is being done on cars now? My car is about 9 months old. Has something been changed or just a fluke of timing??
Mine was in earlier this week and was 'remapped' or updated. perfoirmance is much better but on 100 miles so far , not all stop start, I cant get better than 30 mpg! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts