XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my superb XF for its first service (15000 miles) and was surprised to hear that it required new rear disc pads, they told me they were 90% worn and they were expecting me to pay for the replacements. Needless to say I argued the point with the dealer and lo and behold they replaced them under warranty. Have any other XF users had the same issue? I would be interested to know.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum Super XF :D
Anyone that regularly read the posts on this and other forums would know that the wear of the rear pads has been the subject of many posts.
Only today, I was told by a Service Manager in a Jaguar dealership that the issue of rear brake pad wear was simply a matter of the operation of the DSC.
He went on to say that in effect the wear of pads has shifted from the front wheels to the rear. In other words, when in the past the front pads would require replacement and the rear would not the situation with the XF is reversed. He said that he would expect the front to run on for many more miles before replacement is required. In my own case the front are relatively unworn whilst the rear have 10% remaining; this is after 17000. I am having them replaced tomorrow.
As I said earlier this subject has been a cause for concern for many owners and it is interesting to learn that your dealer has accepted yours as a warranty issue.
Search on this forum for brake wear and you will able to read a number of views.
Start here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=835

1 - 3 of 3 Posts