XF Forum banner

First/New Jaguar

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  jbapu 
#1 ·
I "had" a BMW 523i Auto LCI 2007 and was looking for something new and fresh. Never really considered a Jaguar and was looking at the 3 main manufacturers, BMW, Audi and Mercedes. Just passing by my local Guy Salmon garage, I popped in to see what they had. Looked at the XF and fell in love with it. After 3 weeks of hard negotiating they finally gave me the deal I wanted. I collect the car tomorrow at 6pm at there closing time. YES! they will stay back for me to do the hand over. First class service all the way.

I will post photos soon.

#3 ·
Thanks Pekem....

Do you think I got a good deal overall?

Car was at £36k list price and I got it for £31k, is that a good deal? I thought it was a good discount and hence I placed my order. Within that deal, they settled my BMW finance and they are putting my personalised registration on retention.

Did anyone get a better level of discount?

#8 ·
Got the car! my god, cant stop looking at it... there I was at 10pm in the car, looking at those wonderful blue lights inside! wow.... Got my iPhone working as well as my ipod docked, easy as 123....

I will be taking photos over the weekend.

#9 ·
Hi :lol:

Great colour choice, lets see that Ultimate black glow in those picts :p , you have picked a great car, I to traded in my BMW X5 and have never looked back.

Only the other day ANOTHER stranger came over and looked over the car and said how great it looks. :roll:

Happy driving

#11 ·
jbapu said:
I opted out of the super guard. I have some Carnauba Wax. Can I just wash and apply? or should I treat the paint work with something beforehand?
I would say start by Claying the car. Read all about it here:
http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cfm?f ... ing%20Clay

And see how it is done here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... fEfLGL59GI

Then add your Carnauba wax followed by regular Detailing Spray :)
You will not be disappointed and if you keep it up you will save a lot of money :lol:

#12 ·
For detailing tips take a look at polishedbliss.com - they have lots of useful advice.

I'm going to machine polish mine when i get it, and then use something called AutoBalm on it as the car will be left outdoors. Autobalm contains corrosion inhibitors as well as scratch fillers. A coat of carnauba on top should make it look perfect!\

I'll post some pics later....

#13 ·
stanwan said:
detailing ...
nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

personal pet hate. detailing is a horrendous Americanism :x

at the end of the day, i've never had any issues with just occasionally washing my cars with turtle wax stuff, and then air drying them, alternated with shoving them through a service station car wash. i've even been complimented on how clean they've looked by some very geeky car washing chaps.

in Britain the practice of cleaning a car inside and out used to be referred to as 'valeting'.

#14 ·
bob said:
stanwan said:
detailing ...
nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

personal pet hate. detailing is a horrendous Americanism :x

at the end of the day, i've never had any issues with just occasionally washing my cars with turtle wax stuff, and then air drying them, alternated with shoving them through a service station car wash. i've even been complimented on how clean they've looked by some very geeky car washing chaps.

in Britain the practice of cleaning a car inside and out used to be referred to as 'valeting'.

The last time i mentioned the word "valeting" to a "detailer", he gave me a look that I would expect If had made a personal slur about his mother...

I'm pretty anal about caring for my fleet. I always avoid automated car washes - the rotaing brushes are guaranteed to trash the clearcoat..

My Astons been handwashed from the day I owned it, and it still looks better than the examples the dealer has in his showroom....

Some of the turtle wax stuff isn't too bad at all. Gloss Guard is an excellent and durable paint sealant and the wash and gloss stuff works well too. The most important part is te preparation - proper polishing and paint cleansing are the key![attachment=0:1235zeb2]photo.jpg[/attachment:1235zeb2]

#17 ·
Normally in Northamptonshire they have KN09XXX but on the list I seen KP09 which was a bit different. When the 59 reg comes out, I will be putting my private reg back on J 8APU

A lot of XF's in Northamptonshire then!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.