XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes!

After what seems like a lifetimes wait my XF has finally arrived. Bit wet for pictures today so will take some this weekend.

Too busy playing at the moment. Been feeling left out waiting over the past few months so looking forward to my first gush

·
Registered
294 Posts
Another five weeks for mine - enjoy!

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Finally Here! and has gone wrong already.

OK Not so good.

After exactly 15 miles of fun the XF is not happy.

Gearbox Fault, Parking brake fault and DSC fault. 19 miles on the clock. :cry:

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts

XF Admin said:
OK Not so good.

Its like when you fall off a horse! You need to put it all behind; get back in and start it up and see if it will behave this time. Good luck :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Glad you finally got the car! Most of the warnings seem to disappear if you restart the engine. Otherwise, let's hope your dealer employs technicians who know something about cars.

I have to say that the systems management software in the XF is amongst the poorest i've ever experienced. I work in the systems management software industry and one rule of thumb is not to cause a 'christmas-tree effect' where one event triggers another fault which triggers another fault, end so on. Investing in root cause analysis would have only produced one event.

Anyway, I digress. I'd have strong words with the dealership. The fault codes would have been recorded in the engine management system so the dealer would still be able to read them even if a restart has cleared them.

·
Registered
306 Posts

XF Admin said:
OK Not so good.

With just over 2 weeks to go you are scaring me, the dealer I am using is 200 miles away, will I make it back home.

gary

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Don't worry. Remember you will be driving a computer but unlike Microsoft, Jaguar will not be getting online reporting of all the error events, which in my experience have been of no consequence; just like a PC doing odd things which are mostly corrected with a reboot similarly your XF will correct with a restart.
As for your dealer being 200 miles away; so what! Any one of the network of Jaguar serice centres in S Wales will be pleased to take your money. In emergency, Jaguar Assist respond quickly and do a good job.

·
Registered
306 Posts
pekem said:
Don't worry. Remember you will be driving a computer but unlike Microsoft, Jaguar will not be getting online reporting of all the error events, which in my experience have been of no consequence; just like a PC doing odd things which are mostly corrected with a reboot similarly your XF will correct with a restart.
As for your dealer being 200 miles away; so what! Any one of the network of Jaguar serice centres in S Wales will be pleased to take your money. In emergency, Jaguar Assist respond quickly and do a good job.
I have no option on using a dealer 200 miles away and I am not worried about servicing but will I make it home (by xmas) just joking.

gary

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK - Apparently it's a faulty brake sensor which is throwing up all the errors - new one coming tomorrow and car back after that.

Sounds a simple enough problem so fingers crossed that will fix everything. :roll:

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phew car is back and working fine and a smile is back on my face - get down to enjoying it now!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Great! Now you can enjoy the nicest car on the road! :p :p

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep - Inspired by Roma I'm going to give it the full Roma wax treatment as soon as its dry. Hammering down this weekend though. Want to take some pics too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts