XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 28 month old Sportbrake to a dealer this morning so the end of an era for me I guess having joined the Forum in 2008 when I bought my first new XF. So with 5 New XFs and 2 disappointing FPaces in between both rejected I guess its goodbye to the Jaguar brand as my everyday transport. All the XFs have been good with the last 240 AWD Sportbrake being an outstanding car. I have enjoyed the Forum from the early days highlighting all the early DPF problems right through to the present and the ramblings and predictions of our grim reaper some of which are probably about to happen soon.

·
Administrator
22,476 Posts
I sold my 28 month old Sportbrake to a dealer this morning so the end of an era for me I guess having joined the Forum in 2008 when I bought my first new XF. So with 5 New XFs and 2 disappointing FPaces in between both rejected I guess its goodbye to the Jaguar brand as my everyday transport. All the XFs have been good with the last 240 AWD Sportbrake being an outstanding car. I have enjoyed the Forum from the early days highlighting all the early DPF problems right through to the present and the ramblings and predictions of our grim reaper some of which are probably about to happen soon.
2008, Royston, those were the days 😊

A lot has happened since those days, the days when we were being wooed by Jaguar’s PR Department.
Track Days, Launch Events, Festival of Speed invites, all with first class catering and accommodation.
Then we had the invitation to spend the weekend in Hamburg, guests of a research company on behalf of a German car maker until just hours before take off it was cancelled because it was thought there was a spy traveling with us, not thought to be a member of the forum🤔

Now Jaguar is a totally different company, all the excitement that early XF buyers experienced is just a fond memory.
You gave them a lot of chances to satisfy your desire for a reliable car over all those years but sadly for Jaguar you are not alone in giving up and moving on.
Thanks for all your support over the years Royston and best wishes to you and Susan.

P.S. Which maker have you moved to ❓

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good afternoon hydrajaws.
I have enjoyed reading your posts and suggestions over the years although I have not read them all since I did not join the forum until 2010.
May I wish you well with whatever your new venture may be.
My Best Wishes, Dos.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Peter. Yes indeed major changes since the early good days of the XF and Jaguar is certainly not the same company. I have bought a year old Ex JLR management Range Rover Velar 2.0D with air suspension and many goodies. The main reason for the change is that following a couple of replacement hips and now a knee Susan was finding difficulties in getting in to the Sportbrake. I liked the high driving position of the FPace but following my bitter experience with 2 I could not face another and my Daughter has a Velar which has been trouble free and I drive it occasionally. I will continue to look at the Forum from time to time.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Sorry to see you go. This forum has certainly changed a lot over the years. I joined in 2011, and I remember, it was very different even back then. I'm impressed at the number of Jaguars, you have had. I'm only on my second XF since 2011. Perhaps you finance your cars differently in the UK with different kinds of leasing contracts. If I switched cars that often, my wife would complain. It could be fun, though, to try a new car on a regular basis.

Personally I'm also switching car brand. I have ordered a Volkswagen ID.3, so I'm going electric. I am keeping my old XF from 2009. It was my father's last Jaguar, so I'm keeping it like a classic car, which is still quite modern and can be used for normal driving, when needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts