XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's been away from me for the weekend for the seat belt recall and a couple of other bits. I've had a rough and ready Volvo S40 as a courtesy car. I am staggered at just how much better the Jaguar XF is compared to a typical family car like the Volvo S40.

The Volvo felt coarse, uncivilised, low-quality and extremely unrefined compared to the XF. Of course, the XF costs twice as much as the Volvo but the two cars are a world apart.

I collected gawjus today and reacquainting myself with her was a pleasure indeed. The car felt like it was made from a solid lump of steel. Everything about it was majestic and supremely refined. She was courteous on the road, but simmering with hidden strength.

I have no idea what the dealership did to her but the brakes seemed to be highly-servoed now. Perhaps it was a software update? She was given a nice bath and was clean and fresh. I shall pamper her as soon as we get some decent weather and moisturise her skin with the finest moisturisers available.

The dealership told me that a squeaking noise was coming from one of her blowers and that she'll need a new blower which has been ordered. The mind boggles and I can't wait! It's only when you drive 'normal' cars do you realise just how special the XF is.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Roma said:
She's been away from me for the weekend for the seat belt recall and a couple of other bits. I've had a rough and ready Volvo S40 as a courtesy car. I am staggered at just how much better the Jaguar XF is compared to a typical family car like the Volvo S40.

The Volvo felt coarse, uncivilised, low-quality and extremely unrefined compared to the XF. Of course, the XF costs twice as much as the Volvo but the two cars are a world apart.

I collected gawjus today and reacquainting myself with her was a pleasure indeed. The car felt like it was made from a solid lump of steel. Everything about it was majestic and supremely refined. She was courteous on the road, but simmering with hidden strength.

I have no idea what the dealership did to her but the brakes seemed to be highly-servoed now. Perhaps it was a software update? She was given a nice bath and was clean and fresh. I shall pamper her as soon as we get some decent weather and moisturise her skin with the finest moisturisers available.

The dealership told me that a squeaking noise was coming from one of her blowers and that she'll need a new blower which has been ordered. The mind boggles and I can't wait! It's only when you drive 'normal' cars do you realise just how special the XF is.
Spot on Roma :) I too have had the S40 experience and I know exactly what you went through. Could even be that with an S40 you too have been served by the great S******e ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
nice one roma i drive my wifes fiat punto weekdays but when i finish work saturday afternoon and feeling worn out i still get home wash xf ready for driving on sunday it then makes me feel a million dollars!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts