XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
DVLA say that the car is running a petrol engine.

Vehicle details

• 6 month rate £126.50
  • 12 month rate £230.00
  • 6 monthly by direct debit totalling£120.75
  • 12 monthly by direct debit totalling£230.00
  • Monthly by direct debit totalling£241.50 (Monthly payment of approximately £20.13)
  • Vehicle make JAGUAR
  • Date of first registration 04 December 2014
  • Year of manufacture 2014
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 2000cc
  • CO₂Emissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Export marker No
  • Vehicle status Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour WHITE
  • Vehicle type approval Not available

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Why on earth would anyone want to do that and lose negotiating power. Just say I have an interest, come and get me when they are available if you must or better still just register an interest and the nearest dealer will be badgering you ever more. Believe me it works.

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Why on earth would anyone want to do that and lose negotiating power. Just say I have an interest, come and get me when they are available if you must or better still just register an interest and the nearest dealer will be badgering you ever more. Believe me it works.
For some price is not the deciding factor, being the first in the area with an F-Pace is the ultimate satisfaction :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes deposit paid.

I really enjoyed my XF, the nicest drive of the 50 cars I have owned, but after repeatedly getting stuck and difficulty carry my road bike, I would have no chance with my current 29er mountain bike without dismantling, I reluctantly returned to a 4x4. The replacement Freelander is a great utility vehicle, but just not a great drive, particularly on trips to the Alps etc. So a Jaguar that can cope with slippery conditions, plus carry my bikes, yes please!

Bernard I don’t think there will be a lot of discount about to start with and I want it sooner rather than later, the invitation to join the two year waiting list from the Porsche dealer when I tried a Macan did not appeal (nor did the car).

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Well congratulations to you on being the first person on here at least to place an order.
Which dealer has the pleasure of being able to say "we have taken orders for the F-Pace already " :)

Which engine do you have in mind ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Order with Lancaster, Sevenoaks. Caffyns, Eastbourne where I bought the XF has gone.
They already had six or seven deposits (unsure if someone's expected payment had arrived)

Not sure about engine, very little info available yet, I liked the V6 diesel on the XF but hopefully JLR's new Ingenium engines are going to be impressive as well, looking forward to reading road tests of the engines in the XE.

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Order with Lancaster, Sevenoaks. Caffyns, Eastbourne where I bought the XF has gone.
They already had six or seven deposits (unsure if someone's expected payment had arrived)

Not sure about engine, very little info available yet, I liked the V6 diesel on the XF but hopefully JLR's new Ingenium engines are going to be impressive as well, looking forward to reading road tests of the engines in the XE.

Good of luck to you and we'll done.
As I report above the "mule" pictured according to the DVLA is using a petrol engine, Ingeneum perhaps ?

Interesting the car has dual exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The interior looks like "work in progress" to say the least. It's clearly an XF dasboard and center console. Even the glove compartment comes from the XF. The instrument cluster itself seems to have one large central clock, just like the one, we've seen on the spyshots of the XE.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
You're right. It is a double clock console. The clocks are just angled, so when viewed from the side, only one clock is showing. Is it the same on the next XF, where we were guessing at a one-clock cluster after seeing some photos taken from the side? It will probably look like in the XE. Jaguar probably wants to keep the same style in all their models. I'm not saying exact copies, but a certain style, so people can recognize a Jaguar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congratulations on your order, it is a beautiful looking jaguar and I think it will sell like the Range Rover evoque. Like the interior and especially the steering wheel .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
303 Posts
I saw an F-Pace on the M40 today, disguised by the usual black and white swirls.
Two guys were in the guy and looked amused at my gawping.
I was driving alone, so I couldn't get any pictures.
It was easy to see the vehicle was a Jaguar. Though I'm not a fan of "SUV's", it looked alright. Though from the rear, it looked a lot like a Land Rover evoque. This doesn't mean ugly, just far too similar to tell the two apart from a distance.
Surprisingly, it wasn't a particularly tall vehicle. Makes me wonder how much of an SUV it will really be?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts