XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been in the market to change my car over the past few weeks and had almost settled on a 5 Series BMW. Then I found the XF and fell in love! The dealer has a demonstrator, a 2.7D Luxury with a couple of simple extras, ready for sale. It was registered in July (not sure of mileage). Haven't talked money yet but wondered if anyone out there has any thoughts as to what I could reasonably be expected to pay for the car. It would be good to know how much I should try to hold out for. I came across another thread on the site where an owner had got a shock from a dealer trade in offer. Any thought gratefuly received :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Look at Stratstone.com for Jaguar XFs. They have loads of them for sale.

Remember its a buyers market.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
jayjay10117 said:
Hi all. I have been in the market to change my car over the past few weeks and had almost settled on a 5 Series BMW. Then I found the XF and fell in love! The dealer has a demonstrator, a 2.7D Luxury with a couple of simple extras, ready for sale. It was registered in July (not sure of mileage). Haven't talked money yet but wondered if anyone out there has any thoughts as to what I could reasonably be expected to pay for the car. It would be good to know how much I should try to hold out for. I came across another thread on the site where an owner had got a shock from a dealer trade in offer. Any thought gratefuly received :)
Hi, jayjay10117,
Welcome to the forum. :)
Pleased to learn that you have settled on an XF.
As XFCAT has mentioned, there are loads for sale and it should be easy to secure a brilliant deal at present.
It might be worth sending a Private Mail to Roma to discover the name of his dealer in order to provide you with some leverage elsewhere if his dealer's location or network is not convenient to you.
Good luck :)

P.S. If you ask him nicely, Roma might well sell you his car, lovely condition, low mileage and the one owner ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that guys. Will take a look at Stratstones to get some idea of prices. Should have said that I live in N.Ireland. We only have one approved Jaguar dealer over here so It's not so easy to play one off against the other. :( I also want to trade-in which is not easy over the phone. Wonder if Roma would cosider a trade-in??? ;)

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
jayjay10117 said:
Thanks for that guys. Will take a look at Stratstones to get some idea of prices. Should have said that I live in N.Ireland. We only have one approved Jaguar dealer over here so It's not so easy to play one off against the other. :( I also want to trade-in which is not easy over the phone. Wonder if Roma would cosider a trade-in??? ;)
I just had a peek at your dealers website and incredibly not one XF is offered.
Maybe you will have to take a boat trip to Stranraer or wherever, and on to a wider choice, and then have a great drive back. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmm. That's an idea. My son lives in Edinburgh, there must be a dealrship round there and we could make a weekend of it. I did check the local dealers website and you are right. That demonstrator isn't listed for sale yet. It was the salesman who said it was due.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts