XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've now got a 1-week old vapour grey XF (lovely, really lovely).

The sat-nav has been working absolutely fine, in the UK. I'm based over in Germany at the moment, and it can't seem to search for addresses or postcodes over here.

The mapping is al on the system, so you can set a destination by picking it off the map, and everything works fine. But when I try and change the search country, it's only UK, France, Spain, Andorra(!), Portugal and morocco! Any Idea how to set it so that I can search for German postcodes?

I have the disks, but if I put them into the audio slot it just says bad CD... am I missing something??

Many thanks, Zack

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The DVD containing the German data should be loaded into the navigation DVD player in the boot. See Owners Manual page 317.

·
Registered
618 Posts
:lol: yes a lot of people dont realise it is in the boot. It is the first car I have had with 3 DVDs to cover Europe also rather than just one. Its a shame the system doesnt work like the Lexus system though where you can play DVD films on the nav screen by using the nav dvd drive.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm sure you must know craig - why does it take Jaguar three DVDs rather than one, when one supposes that they must all be based on much the same mapping information?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Its to do with all the POI information on the discs which includes phone numbers of the restuarants and stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts