XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my new XF 2.7 Premium Luxury on Monday the 2nd March 2009, 1st day did a 300 mile round trip car drove like a dream. Only did a few miles the next 2 days but was doing that 300 mile round trip again on thursday so went to fill up with fuel as i was leaving early. Less than 500 years from home car just cut out, called jaguar assist and when i finished giving details it fired up so went home.

Next day i thought i would chance it, got to appointment then went to look for somewhere to eat car cuts out this time could not re-start. Jaguar Engineer comes out starts car but says not safe to drive so calls tow truck 5 hours later get another jaguar to drive home.

As anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Ronnie
Only had one car with similar problem to yours and it turned out to be a wiring issue but due to the complexity of the wiring could be several various reasons causing this.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi
This sounds very similar to a problem my hubby had with his Jag, but an XK8 petrol. The dangerous thing was it used to cut out while he was driving along the motorway when going not-so-slow! This wasnt a new car, it was a few years old at least, but after it went into Jag to be looked at it was fine. Hubby said they came out with a few different reasons for it; ignition coil(?), solinoid(?) and the petrol evaporating faster than it took to get to engine so would cut out(?)

Anyway, it did get sorted after Jag looked it over; it was scary when it happened as it wasnt always obvious it had stopped (very quiet car anyway), not until the power steering stopped - not good when cruising at *blah* mph in outside lane and trying to change lane and getting stuck with a slowing car!!! :eek:

Im sure yours, whatever it is, will be easily rectified once Jag take a look...probably one of those horrible teething problems that most new cars seem to get... good luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply..... will find out tomorrow as so far it as cut out with dealer 3 times so now they are waiting for e-mail from factory.. i had a problem after 1 week with my last vehicle a VW Touareg that was with dealer for one month.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At last 17 days later i get my XF back forgot what it was like after just owning it for 3 days..... at least i got 2 free services out of it .... anybody else out there who as had their xf off the road that long for a mechanical problem?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ronniewales said:
At last 17 days later i get my XF back forgot what it was like after just owning it for 3 days..... at least i got 2 free services out of it .... anybody else out there who as had their xf off the road that long for a mechanical problem?
Yes I can beat that nearly 4 weeks (Diff).

gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts