XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XF is off the road, and has been disabled for 17 days now. :( :( :(

It's an electronics problem, has certainly stopped the car working at all. They have lent me a new XF demonstrator, so at least I have a car.

My XF is 6 months old, Jaguar technical people and the factory have been involved in trying to fix it. They think they have found the fault [on 14th day] and have ordered a new rear camera. We will see.

I was not over-enthusiastic about Stratstone and they have not wowed me with their customer care, Jaguar Customer Care dept are better.

I am interested to know if I am the first to have this sort of problem [if it was a regular problem, they would have solved it much quicker]

I also had the fuel filler flap problem - hands up those who have had that issue! :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What were the symptoms, was it electrically dead? My flap is still OK after six months thanks and is being modified today.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Tone the Bone said:
My XF is off the road, and has been disabled for 17 days now. :( :( :(

It's an electronics problem, has certainly stopped the car working at all. They have lent me a new XF demonstrator, so at least I have a car.

My XF is 6 months old, Jaguar technical people and the factory have been involved in trying to fix it. They think they have found the fault [on 14th day] and have ordered a new rear camera. We will see.

I was not over-enthusiastic about Stratstone and they have now wowed me with their customer care, Jaguar Customer Care dept are better.

I am interested to know if I am the first to have this sort of problem [if it was a regular problem, they would have solved it much quicker]

I also had the fuel filler flap problem - hands up those who have had that issue! :D
Hi Tone the Bone, welcome to the forum :)
Please visit the profile section and add some detail about yourself, car and perhaps even a picture of your car.
Sorry to hear of your difficulties which I sincerely hope will be behind you within a very short time now. I can imagine that you will be out of their hair as soon as possible; the idea of you clocking up a mileage on a demonstrator and denying it as a demo car will surely concentrate the mind of Mr Donnelly :!:

I can't recall anyone else reporting faults with the electronics in the way you have suffered but certainly the fuel flap issue has caused debate with many solutions being offered as to how to overcome it when it strikes :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Several answers:

Photo posted from Geneva Motor Show in 2007 [anyone going in 09?] of the XF show car, roof was much lower - I took some beautiful photos there.

I have edited my original posting - I posted a typo - I put that Stratstone had now wowwed me with their service and what I meant was they have NOT impressed me with their service. Some examples - they tend not to call me to inform of progress, I had to call them every day to find out. Once I had the XF demo car, I stopped calling - after all I was now putting miles on their car. This demo was delivered with no DVD in the sat nav - I called them and they said "we haven't put it it yet" - my thought was that they should say "we'll bring it round". I told this to Jag Customer Care and the disc was delivered within the hour. I have had several Lexuses - now they know how to give good service, I could tell your several examples. Back to Stratstone - they should send all their staff round to the local Lexus dealer to see how motor dealers should give service.

They called me at close of business today to announce the car is now ready. I agreed for them to deliver in the morning, that suited me better. I really hope the car is now perfect.

The problem started on September 5th with a warning light in the info centre that looked like a battery, it wouldn't go away, and the symbol shown is not in handbook. The car was functioning, and I drive it into the dealership with the Jaguar Assistance vehicle following me, he took me back home, and one good piece of service is that they provide a hire car as the XF was faulty. Having a hire car produces all sorts of hassles, but . . .

Interestingly, knowing what my car is like and how it works, the demo car, a 58 reg 2.7 Luxury is not right, the electornics are wrong in two ways: The info centre does not display the correct mpg info as shown on the bigger screen, which seem to be correct, in other words the dash display does not match the computer screen at all times. You can get it right, but the next time the car is started it needs re- adjusting again. Anyone else had this problem. The demo car also has an intermittent fault, about 50% of the times the car is started, the ASL switch is on. Easy to switch off, but I would not put up with this in my car.

Anyway hopefully all will be OK tomorrow.

Regards,

Tony

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
[quote="Tone the Bone" Several answers:

Photo posted from Geneva Motor Show in 2007 [anyone going in 09?] of the XF show car, roof was much lower - I took some beautiful photos there.

I have edited my original posting - I posted a typo - I put that Stratstone had now wowwed me with their service and what I meant was they have NOT impressed me with their service. Some examples - they tend not to call me to inform of progress, I had to call them every day to find out. Once I had the XF demo car, I stopped calling - after all I was now putting miles on their car. This demo was delivered with no DVD in the sat nav - I called them and they said "we haven't put it it yet" - my thought was that they should say "we'll bring it round". I told this to Jag Customer Care and the disc was delivered within the hour. I have had several Lexuses - now they know how to give good service, I could tell your several examples. Back to Stratstone - they should send all their staff round to the local Lexus dealer to see how motor dealers should give service.

They called me at close of business today to announce the car is now ready. I agreed for them to deliver in the morning, that suited me better. I really hope the car is now perfect.

The problem started on September 5th with a warning light in the info centre that looked like a battery, it wouldn't go away, and the symbol shown is not in handbook. The car was functioning, and I drive it into the dealership with the Jaguar Assistance vehicle following me, he took me back home, and one good piece of service is that they provide a hire car as the XF was faulty. Having a hire car produces all sorts of hassles, but . . .

Interestingly, knowing what my car is like and how it works, the demo car, a 58 reg 2.7 Luxury is not right, the electornics are wrong in two ways: The info centre does not display the correct mpg info as shown on the bigger screen, which seem to be correct, in other words the dash display does not match the computer screen at all times. You can get it right, but the next time the car is started it needs re- adjusting again. Anyone else had this problem. The demo car also has an intermittent fault, about 50% of the times the car is started, the ASL switch is on. Easy to switch off, but I would not put up with this in my car.

Anyway hopefully all will be OK tomorrow.

Regards,

Tony

Interesting point that. I have never compared the two but I will to see if I can understand it :?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got car back now, on 18th day.

All seems to be working fine, plus, thanks to this forum, they have agreed they will replace my terribly distorting rear screen, hopefully next week.

They also told me next time an XF has this fault, they'll know it's the rear camera and will be able to repair in a day! Not much consolation to know this, and I hope no-one else is affected.

Regards,

Tony

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glad to see you got your car fixed Tone. unfortunately with it being new sometimes when issues arise they are learning on our cars which is why it takes so long I guess. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts