XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me what are electric head restraints? Do they come as standard on the portfolio 3.0d s? thanks Richard

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got them as standard on the 3.0 S Portfolio.

The tilt function on the head restraints are manually adjusted...

But the height up/down is controlled electronically on the seat adjustment buttons - applies to both driver and passenger front seats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether or not there are electric head restraints in 09 cars - in other words, should mine be electric in my 2.7PL on 58 plate? Mine certainly don't work if that is the case, but then nor do the electric lumbar supports which I plan to get fixed at first service. Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
In the UK they were only fitted as standard on the SV8 model for the 2009 model year and were not available, even as an option on the PL. I can vouch for the fact that they work quite well as I have been driving an SV8 this week.... come to think of it, the engine in the SV8 works quite well too!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Electric height adjustment on the head restraints is only available on 2010 models other than the 2009 SV8

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses but I am still a little confused - so will my new 3.0d s portfolio delivery due June 09 have them fitted (is this a 2010 model?) as I need to know for the type of rear entertainment system install ? Boothy got them as standard others say only available on the V8? Thanks Richard

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Richard,
Yes you will have them on your car.

Jaguar, rather confusingly, call all the latest models (ie 3.0 diesel and 5.0 petrol) 2010 Model Year. No idea why they don't refer to cars in they year which they are launched :shock:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XFAndy said:
Hi Richard,
Yes you will have them on your car.

Jaguar, rather confusingly, call all the latest models (ie 3.0 diesel and 5.0 petrol) 2010 Model Year. No idea why they don't refer to cars in they year which they are launched :shock:
Blame the Americans :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts