XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove home tonight in 'Dynamic Mode' and S with the paddles for the first time.....definitely changes the characteristics of the handing - it really demands concentration....but it is great fun if you can find some quiet B-roads.

I wondered if others had tried 'Dynamic Mode' and what their experiences were...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have tried dynamic mode on my V8 XF.. its fair to say that i enjoyed every minute.. my only disappointment is the slow standing start... from standing start the car takes a couple of seconds to get into motion.. however after that the car is quite amazing .. great handling ... perfect breaking... and enjoyable ride.... just PERFECT.....
CHEERS

·
Vendor
561 Posts
The XFR is the only XF where the suspension characteristics are changed by selecting dynamic mode. On the 3.0d it has completely passive suspension, i.e. there is no electrical connection or electronic control of any part of the suspension.

What does change with dynamic mode is the throttle characteristic and the gearbox shift patterns. You also get a big gear number displayed if you use dynamic mode with sport on the shifter and use the paddles.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Is the term Dynamic Mode when used above describing something different to the term that Jaguar describe in the manual when they say that Dynamic Mode applies only to Supercharged Models, and presumably today the XFR :?:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Pretty sure everything at 2010MY gets dynamic mode.

If you read the manual it says that systems are optimised in Dynamic Mode including adaptive dynamics but then goes on to say later in the section that adapative dynamics is supercharged only (as is E-Diff).

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
SpiresST said:
Pretty sure everything at 2010MY gets dynamic mode.

If you read the manual it says that systems are optimised in Dynamic Mode including adaptive dynamics but then goes on to say later in the section that adapative dynamics is supercharged only (as is E-Diff).
I agree all the 2010 cars have a Dynamic Mode.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well I’m still getting use to my XF S and it’s very different to what I’m use to but the dynamic mode with sport selected is truly amazing. It completely changes the character of the car and turns it into a wild animal in this mode it feels that it’s waiting to pounce until you floor it and then my god it’s certainly pounces!

·
Registered
281 Posts
RPB1 said:
Well I’m still getting use to my XF S and it’s very different to what I’m use to but the dynamic mode with sport selected is truly amazing. It completely changes the character of the car and turns it into a wild animal in this mode it feels that it’s waiting to pounce until you floor it and then my god it’s certainly pounces!
I agree totally. When you want the maximum performance Dynamic Mode is what you want. The whole 'feel' of the car changes and it becomes a snarling beast :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dynamic mode in the SV8 and the XFR alters the suspension settings, sharpens the throttle response and the gear changes in manual mode, as well as engaging Trac Dsc. This is how I drive mine almost all the time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds good fun. I will try mine in Dynamic once it is run-in (1,000 miles)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts