XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a DVD system for the Portfolio model with ivory interior? also, will need to accommodate electrical headrests.

any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rosen AV7500
Great system, very happy as you have DVD in each headrest, they can work independently, or show the same film and have a whole bunch of games installed.
cartronics in byfleet did a great install.
P

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, only problem with the Rosen and any other system that replaces the original headrest, apart from the fact that they do not match the vehicle, is that they are not crash tested with the vehicle, so in the event of an accident, there is no way of knowing what the headrest will do, and if there is an issue with the seat, Jaguar and your insurance company can start getting very awkward! This also goes for the portable systems that are held on with straps and velcro, these systems have been tested and can release from the headrests and fly around the vehicle at speeds as little as 18MPH.....

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
t2dav said:
Can anyone recommend a DVD system for the Portfolio model with ivory interior? also, will need to accommodate electrical headrests.

any ideas?
The Jaguar Accessories Brochure states: The Rear Screen Connectivity System is not compatible with electric head restraints.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw that as well but if you speak to designervision he will sort it out for you. He will put the Jaguar screens in you headrests. He's a really nice fella who goes out of his way to help. He designed a system for me then labeled it all up for me to fit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes designervision popped round my house today to collect my headrests so that he can do the fit next week. can't wait and I'm sure the kids will love it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes all fitted now. excellent job with jaguar parts! no wires on show and all looks brilliant. he's a very nice guy too - I would dfefinitely recommend him. I will try and post pictures when I get a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts