XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cliffy wrote, ( viewtopic.php?f=26&t=440&p=3466#p3466 )
I have had many problems with vibration and shudder around and above 70mph. I have the 18 inch wheels. Jag dealer said there is no problem and even took me out in another XF which I had to admit was worse than mine. I have had the wheels balanced twice and although the shudder has improved it is still there.
Later he writes,
The tyres that are on my XF with the'shudder' are 18" Pirellis

It is intereresting that the dealer said that there is no problem.
Could that be right ?

Which tyre is fitted to your car and have you experienced vibration and shudder.

Mine are Dunlop, 18 inch wheels and never a problem :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 19 inch Dunlops and have not felt any vibrations or anything but have only done 1,500 miles so far as I have only had the car for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Pekem,
How many miles have you done and how are they wearing? I am still awaiting CS outcome on my "illegal" 18" Pirrellis!!

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neillbro said:
Hi Pekem,
How many miles have you done and how are they wearing? I am still awaiting CS outcome on my "illegal" 18" Pirrellis!!
My car is now approaching 12,000 miles and the tread appears to be in good condition. Central tread is around 4/5 mm and the outside nearer 3mm.
I know that the legal limit is 1.6mm and many tyres will be changed at 3mm but I think that I have a way to go yet before I will need to change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts