XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new XFSC - love it.
Dealer told me to make sure DSC always stayed on but I'm confused -- On startup the DSC button light (on centre console) is OFF, and there is no 'DSC' on the instrument panel. Only when I hold the button down for some time do both the button amber light and the 'DSC' come on.

What is the correct default? Does the 'DSC' display and amber button light mean DSC is actually inactive? (very confusing!)

Thanks & sorry if my first post is a stupid question...

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to forum alvysinger :)
Please complete a little of your profile, particularly where in the world you are, and tell us all more about your SC here: viewforum.php?f=25
A picture or two would be good :)
On my car DSC is on by default; it can only be turned off by holding down the DSC button for about 15 seconds and then an audible warning is activated and a clear message appears in the message centre that DSC is off :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the quick reply... I will go and add some info and also maybe a photo -- haven't taken any yet but will...

just for 100% clarity, when you say your DSC is on by default, does that mean the light is on on the button, and the 'DSC' is illuminated on the dash? Because neither is true for me on ignition...

thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, DSC is on by default, and the warning light is hence off by default.
If you press and hold the DSC button then DSC is switched off and the DSC warning light is lit.

Martin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. (last question). when DSC is on (default), NOTHING is lit... neither the warning light (on dash) nor the button light. Correct? Sorry to push - i want to be clear that my new XF is functioning correctly. I'm in California (though a Londoner) and it's almost 3am so maybe that's why I'm slow at the moment...

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I think that you will see the DSC image symbol appears very briefly on start up and then it disappears.
Now go to bed and stop worrying :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's obsession...!
i had a lexus gs450h before this (i'm lucky enough to have had some beautiful cars), and while the hybrid was damn fast and very good to handle it was never thrilling the way the xf thrills. in fact three years of lexus ownership has been obliterated by one day in the xf.
i'm a lost cause. good night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts