XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware! UK market XF's do not come with a warning triangle. The wording in the Owners Manual led me to believe I had one. As my last three BMW's, an Audi and a MINI all came with triangles as standard equipment I assumed the XF had one too - until today!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
Beware! UK market XF's do not come with a warning triangle. The wording in the Owners Manual led me to believe I had one. As my last three BMW's, an Audi and a MINI all came with triangles as standard equipment I assumed the XF had one too - until today!
Where did you think it was when you were abroad last time :?: I suppose because it is not a requirement here and is in Germany the German makers just can't help putting them in regardless of factory; Wolfsburg or Oxford :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
Vapourgrey said:
Where did you think it was when you were abroad last time :?: I suppose because it is not a requirement here and is in Germany the German makers just can't help putting them in regardless of factory; Wolfsburg or Oxford :)
It was NOT a legal requirement in France and Germany before July 1st!

To be honest I only took delivery of the car a few weeks before I drove it to Germany and assumed it was with the spare wheel. I know old addage say "never assume". :oops: but then my Brown's Lane XKR did have a neat factory fitted triangle in the lid of the boot.
BTW. My XF came complete with LHD floor mats which was half way there. :roll:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also, if driving in France you will soon have to have a luminous yellow jacket which must be located inside the car and not in the boot.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hutton1969 said:
Also, if driving in France you will soon have to have a luminous yellow jacket which must be located inside the car and not in the boot.
I bought five luminous jackets for the XF after this was posted on the XKEC Forum by a member who has a house in France.

Driving In France This Summer?????

If you are please note that after 1st July it's a requirement to have HiViz vests in the car for every possible passenger (i.e. 4 seats = 4 vests, 5 seats = 5 vests etc.) and they must be in the car not in the boot , you also now have to have a warning triangle, which previously was just recommended (I always thought it was a requirement TBH

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
Hutton1969 said:
I bought five luminous jackets for the XF after this was posted on the XKEC Forum by a member who has a house in France.

Driving In France This Summer?????

If you are please note that after 1st July it's a requirement to have HiViz vests in the car for every possible passenger (i.e. 4 seats = 4 vests, 5 seats = 5 vests etc.) and they must be in the car not in the boot , you also now have to have a warning triangle, which previously was just recommended (I always thought it was a requirement TBH
Is this a Joke or are you serious :eek:
Is it the EU Commisioners or the French Bureaucrats :?: It beggars belief :shock:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a website about the new Hi-viz jacket law. it seems only two are required if my translation is correct.
http://www.thisfrenchlife.com/thisfrenc ... iangl.html

HOW MUCH IS IT NECESSARY SOME? In France, at least 1. But attention the rules can be different abroad (think of transborder displacements) WHICH MODEL? Its conformity is attested by marking EC. There are waistcoats with 2 or 3 bands autoréfléchissantes. OUR COUNCIL Have at least 2 waistcoats inside the cockpit to equip the driver and a passenger in assistance. In the event of breakdown or of accident, or stop on the roadway of night like day ?? To light the hazard warning lights ?? to quickly cover the waistcoats before leaving the vehicle. Leave with dimensions passenger preferably. ?? To evacuate the vehicle and to put all the occupants at the shelter (not to remain on the roadway or the BEAM!) As from on July 1, 2008 are obligatory on board all vehicles fitted with body with engine whatever the category or use (VL - PL - VUL…) : Waistcoats of safety Warning triangle Waistcoat 2 bands Waistcoat 3 bands, more visible, especially if intervention on convey

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Well it is interesting that often in the UK I have noticed lorry drivers (Truckers) making their way along a road and it is plain that they are wearing High Viz jackets. Now are they being compliant in relation to a company health and safety instruction, a road traffic order or simply can't be arsed to keep putting it on and taking it off; I suspect that it is a combination of 1 and 3 :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is a red triangle in my XF, open the boot lift the mat and its tucked into a space to the left of the spare wheel.

gary

·
Registered
64 Posts
Definitely missing in mine. Page 241 of the manual refers to the inclusion of the triangle precisely where shown on your photo. A call to my dealer required!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hutton1969 said:
Definitely missing in mine. Page 241 of the manual refers to the inclusion of the triangle precisely where shown on your photo. A call to my dealer required!
Already done that! They said no UK spec Jaguars come with a warning triangle - you have to buy one.
I think Gary's XF is a tax free military purchase destined for Germany.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Its tax paid staying in this country (UK spec) but bought through Jag Mil. My guess is they all should have the triangle mine is only a week old so maybe its being fitted in latest cars..

gary

PS its not the best looking one I have seen, must cost around 50 pence

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
garyxf said:
Its tax paid staying in this country (UK spec) but bought through Jag Mil. My guess is they all should have the triangle mine is only a week old so maybe its being fitted in latest cars..

gary

PS its not the best looking one I have seen, must cost around 50 pence
I think that the key is Jag Mil,the factory will not bother to remove parts from the standard spec in recognition that the car, for the time being, is remaining in the UK.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alanad said:
I got a triangle when I purchased mine. It is in a solid plastic red case which was just left lying in the boot.
That figures, it was exported to Scotland! :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
alanad said:
I got a triangle when I purchased mine. It is in a solid plastic red case which was just left lying in the boot.
You may well be right because only this week I looked at the very same item; the difference being that it was in a locked display cabinet at the dealers showroom :shock:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pekem said:
Vapourgrey said:
You may well be right because only this week I looked at the very same item; the difference being that it was in a locked display cabinet at the dealers showroom :shock:
I am not surprised it was locked away!

Jaguar Accessories price list. Page 63 Warning Triangle twin pack - £72 :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts