XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone
Still enjoying the car and with 1500 miles on the clock I have managed to bring the average mpg up to 33, i doubt it will get much better but who knows.

The noise I had from the seat belt mechanism on the pillar came back - unfortunately after I had cancelled an appointment with Jag Wolverhapton to have a look at it - just as I though I "cured" it by fiddling with it myself.
I think I 'll be patient till the 5000 interim service I have booked so they can have a look at it then. With every road bump/vibration when driving over 50 mph you can here a ticking/vibrating noice from the seat belt tensioner. There is definitely something loose in there. I don't know how easy it will be for Jag service to access it and have a look.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Brakes are still ok, but if it's almost official that there are replacements recommended by Jaguar I'll ask them to replace mine at the same service as well.

Speak soon everyone, enjoy driving the most beatiful car in the market at the moment.
ck :p

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Nothing from my seat belt CK, so could well justb be something loose on your car.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
ck1 said:
Good afternoon everyone
Still enjoying the car and with 1500 miles on the clock I have managed to bring the average mpg up to 33, i doubt it will get much better but who knows.

The noise I had from the seat belt mechanism on the pillar came back - unfortunately after I had cancelled an appointment with Jag Wolverhapton to have a look at it - just as I though I "cured" it by fiddling with it myself.
I think I 'll be patient till the 5000 interim service I have booked so they can have a look at it then. With every road bump/vibration when driving over 50 mph you can here a ticking/vibrating noice from the seat belt tensioner. There is definitely something loose in there. I don't know how easy it will be for Jag service to access it and have a look.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Brakes are still ok, but if it's almost official that there are replacements recommended by Jaguar I'll ask them to replace mine at the same service as well.
Speak soon everyone, enjoy driving the most beatiful car in the market at the moment.
ck :p
Can't agree with that CK, I heard that it was said today by a senior manager of Jaguar that there is nothing whatever wrong, certainly not a safety issue, with the Discs. Further, surprise and alarm was expressed by a team of managers when told that stories have been published telling of discs being replaced, particulary by dealers outside of the UK :eek:
As for the seat belt matter that you refer to, I also have to say that I have not had a problem and maybe this is a matter that your dealer will be able to correct quickly :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the comments guys!
By the way, following a post about tyre pressures here, I decided to check mine 3 weeks on from picking the car up. Just to remind you that according to Jag for my 245 19s it should be set at 31psi if i'm doing up to 100mph and 38psi if i'm doing over 100mph ;)
Well, my tyres were set up to 39psi all round from Jag!!!
Not only made the ride bumpy but I'm guessing unsafe...
i have now ajusted them correctly, PLEASE heck your tyre pressure when you pick the ar up, not worth the risk!
Till the next time
ck1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts