XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a problem that you cannot lock the drivers door using the button on the door handle, mine has suddenly stopped working,you can still use the key fob to lock the door so no problem with security and when you open the door you can just pull the handle to open with no problem,i used to just press the button twice and the door was locked but no more. will this mean a new locking system or is it an easy fix ??

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
It's the button that goes, if it is it's not replaceable, it means a new handle. I had both of mine go on the drivers side, I just got two new handles (with button) whatever colour they were and sprayed them with a can of paint from Halfrauds. They are easy enough to fit, it's only one torx screw, albeit fairly inaccessible unless you have a long torx screwdriver (I bought one). Phil

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks philayl, I thought you might have to replace the door handles, can you remember where you got them from and how much you paid ?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hi, I got them brand new, but wrong colour, off Ebay, very reasonable if I remember correctly. Worth noting is the fact I found out that all door handles are the same, front, back, o/s, n/s, doesn't matter however they are advertised. Have a look through these, making sure that the ones you look for have the rubber button fitted. Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could someone tell me how to remove the handle. Thanks in advance, I need to-do this drivers door button has stopped working. Thanks
Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts