XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've covered almost 5000miles now in mine and have noticed the DPF seems to be burning off quite often now, as many of you will know this is accompanied by a clicking sound and a metallic burning smell.
One thing that I have started to notice recently is that I can now smell this when sat in the car in slow moving traffic. Has anyone else? I'm not overly concerned as its only every now and then, of which its only a couple of minutes. But still, I'd rather not have to resort to the "Magic Trees" to cover the smell up!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Nothing crept in and died under a carpet :eek: :D
Seriously, I have never detected anything like that. In fact, I am not sure that I can identify the smell that is present, from time to time, which I have noticed when getting out of the car and opening the boot. I have always thought it was to do with the DPF, because I have heard the ticking that people have refered to but never had it confirmed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As most of my journeys are quite short I too get the DPF pong quite frequently and yes on occasion there is a faint trace of the odour in the cabin. Personally I dont find it too offensive - it's hard to decribe but it's not sulphurous and nasty as I had expected!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah our commute is approx 10miles each way, so that may be why.
Like I said its not too bad, just wondered if anyone else was getting a wiff!
No DPF icons flashing, so I'll carry on until something does or does not occur.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts