XF Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dpf full warning light on and engine management light at same time.i drove on motorway for 20mins at specified speed but would not clear as it has done before?

·
Registered
6 Posts
it's not speed but revs required. drive for min 20 mins at over 2k revs
Not actually true if you read the handbook. It just needs a normal drive with at least 1/4 tank of fuel, and the exhaust will get plenty hot enough without using any extra revs. Using higher revs is not necessary, Quoting from 'Auto Expert'-"Regeneration is only supported at low loads, like when you’re cruising on the highway,
Your engine doesn’t need to work hard to regenerate the DPF.
In fact, you want it to be operating in a high gear, at low load, at highway speeds. That’s perfect. Let the engine management voodoo do its thing in the background."

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Not actually true if you read the handbook. It just needs a normal drive with at least 1/4 tank of fuel, and the exhaust will get plenty hot enough without using any extra revs. Using higher revs is not necessary, Quoting from 'Auto Expert'-"Regeneration is only supported at low loads, like when you’re cruising on the highway,
Your engine doesn’t need to work hard to regenerate the DPF.
In fact, you want it to be operating in a high gear, at low load, at highway speeds. That’s perfect. Let the engine management voodoo do its thing in the background."
well, it didn't work for me if I didn't drive at 2k revs.
high gear/low load/ highway speeds - ok, but how long is it going to take to finish the process?
besides, 2k revs is not hard work at all? I drove near 2k, 2.2k most
it was the same in my wifes corsa.
that tells me that 2k revs is requirement for quick and proper burn of all that soot.

worked for me, Tim above and many others in jag fold:sneaky:

·
Registered
6 Posts
well, it didn't work for me if I didn't drive at 2k revs.
high gear/low load/ highway speeds - ok, but how long is it going to take to finish the process?
besides, 2k revs is not hard work at all? I drove near 2k, 2.2k most
it was the same in my wifes corsa.
that tells me that 2k revs is requirement for quick and proper burn of all that soot.

worked for me, Tim above and many others in jag fold:sneaky:
Maybe the Manufacturers should be told about this, as they obviously have no idea what they're talking about! Just designing and making the vehicle obviously doesn't make them experts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Maybe the Manufacturers should be told about this, as they obviously have no idea what they're talking about! Just designing and making the vehicle obviously doesn't make them experts
you quoted auto expert not jlr, so what you are on about?:oops:

besides exhaust needs to get bit hotter than usual to burn all that crap, riding 70mph in 8th at 1.3k revs is not going to cut it. well, maybe in 3h of drive...i don't know, 'auto expert' you quoting didn't say how long it will take...i don't have time or money to be driving for god knows how long and pray that it will work. method quoted by me works. in 20 mins. for Tim in 15 even!

peace

·
Registered
6 Posts

besides exhaust needs to get bit hotter than usual to burn all that crap, riding 70mph in 8th at 1.3k revs is not going to cut it. well, maybe in 3h of drive...i don't know, 'auto expert' you quoting didn't say how long it will take...i don't have time or money to be driving for god knows how long and pray that it will work. method quoted by me works. in 20 mins. for Tim in 15 even!

peace

peace
Ok, this is from Jaguar thremselves- nowhere does it mention revs though, and 70mph is (as you say) probably 1300 revs(ish)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Higher revs defiantly works I had to stay between 3rd and 4 th gear at over 3000 revs for about 20miles it done the trick on 2 cars and my wife's Nissan juke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts