XF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I try to lock the doors using the fob or pressing the handle button it clicks but does not lock or pull in the mirrors, two seconds later I get a double beep to let me know it hasn't locked. I have recently had a service and had the battery replaced. Any ideas what may cause this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you leave your spare key somewhere in the car?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, although it is acting as if that is exactly what I had done.

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
If you press the door button what happens (keyless entry has a locking button on each outside doorhandle)?

If you press lock button on the fob twice what happens?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you press the door button what happens (keyless entry has a locking button on each outside doorhandle)? It clicks, mirrors do not fold then 2 beeps

If you press lock button on the fob twice what happens?
It clicks, mirrors do not fold then 2 beeps

I took it to the Jaguar garage after my original post and was told it needed '2 drivers door latches' and quoted me £636.52 - This car is starting to cost me more to maintain than the monthly purchase payments were (over £2000 in the last month excluding this quote)

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
The system will not lock any doors if any one door, boot or bonnet sensor fails to confirm the aperture is closed. The door sensor is in the latch. It is usually a magnetic proximity switch. Improper servicing of the latch or door is the usual failure mode. Has anybody worked on that door, either by taking it off for repair or adjustment or accessing the innards after removing the door panel?

I'm not sure why both parts of the latch need replacing, usually only the operating part ("inner" door latch) would need replacing. Maybe they only come as a set.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Presumably there is no boot/bonnet/door open warning in the message centre ? Mine did exactly the same today but the LH bonnet catch (the one with the sensor) hadnt locked... but there was a warning triangle message.
NM

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doors and mirrors not locking when key fop pressed I found that checking the Car Battery Charge came up half charge So I put Car Battery on Trickle Charge and tested next day The doors worked Perfectly Have done this test a few times and found same result

1 - 8 of 8 Posts