XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I complained not long after taking delivery last May that water leaked on to the rear seat when washing the car or if heavy rain occured.Dealer changed rear door seals and solved the problem.Dealer advised me in November that "parts" had arrived for my car and would I book it in.Not being aware of any parts being ordered it turned out to be "modified"door seals front and rear and these were fitted last Friday.Imagine my shock when at 70 mph on my first journey wind noise is now present and having enjoyed a very quiet car since new I expressed my anger to the dealer and Car is now in for 2 days for investigation!
Moral of this tale is to leave well alone as "improved" parts are not always an improvement.
I am still being fobbed off by Hayley in Jaguar customer services regarding my complaints since last June on the performance or lack of it in the Sat Nav department and I am now thinking that I will commence some dialog with a few of the Car magazines now and see if some adverse publicity will wake JRL from their apathy.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on Door Seals.
Car been at dealers for 2 days and they said they could not find any problem!
They have now "Dressed" the doors which means adjusting the striker plates to bring the door in tighter against the seals and they have asked for feedback after I have been able to drive at 70MPH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts