XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how it is, you are driving along in slow moving traffic and you notice drivers on the other side checking out your XF. Occasionally, I have had the thumbs up and quite often an approving smile. Mostly though, I see the other driver scanning my XF and I am left wondering how they have viewed it. However, one really odd thing I have noticed is that drivers of S Types and XJ's often do not appear to look at all. It is as if they have chosen to deliberately avoid eye contact. Probably I am just imagining that :?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
In reverse my old MG TF (1954) was invisible to modern MG drivers. Funnily enough it put smiles on the faces of everybody else. Pitying ones maybe, but smiles non the less! :) :) :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
pekem, I get the same from X-Type, S-Type and XJ-drivers. The X-Type drivers seem to go into BMW-mode and become aggressive. S-Type drivers avoid eye contact. And XJ drivers are in awe at a car that looks far more upmarket!

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roma said:
pekem, I get the same from X-Type, S-Type and XJ-drivers. The X-Type drivers seem to go into BMW-mode and become aggressive. S-Type drivers avoid eye contact. And XJ drivers are in awe at a car that looks far more upmarket!
At least you get a reaction Roma; they just don't want to see me :(

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
Roma said:
At least you get a reaction Roma; they just don't want to see me :(
Perhaps they don't like Botanical Green :D :D

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roma said:
I was standing next to a 58-plate Botanical Green on Monday. It looked very nice indeed.
Well said Roma; you are a discerning man indeed :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I had the use of this Emerald Fire example when my car was in for warranty work. Very nice colour, but safety wise it blended too well with the vegetation.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The emerald fire looks great under lights in the show room but just not for me. I passed a white XF yesterday and have to say it looked awesome. Very reminescent of Old English white from a by gone era. Still wouldn't be brave enough to actually own one tho.

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I certainly did not get a wave from the driver of the XF I have just seen :eek:
It was a dark coloured XF and was being driven by the head of the Security Service. No, not the real one, the fictional one that is Spooks on BBC1. Yes, I was really delighted to see that Harry Pearce has been provided with an XF in the programme. True, it was just a quick shot of the front end corner but it was an XF for sure :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts