XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have said in previous posts I have been talking to Mike Cooper at DMS about their XF remap. During conversations I asked if they would offer a discount to the XF forum members and here is his emailed reply:

Thanks for the reply. We have similar agreements with BMW Forums. Our terms
would be 25% discount if the car is brought to us and 10% discount if we
come to the customers location.

As part of our guarantee we offer free re installment if the car is given a
software update at any time by the main dealer. Whilst the dealer
diagnostics etc cannot read the update a software update of the ecu by them
would overwrite the upgrade. If the 25% discount is claimed by bringing the
car to us it would also have to come back to us for the free update. If we
had attended the car at the customers location then we would also attend
without further charge to re install.

Kind regards

Mike Cooper

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will, I've got the car on a 3 year lease and want to try the difference as their claims put it in the ball park of the 530d, a car I was very impressed with. I like the XF I just find the engine response disapointing so at £600 with the discount thats only £200 a year. something I'm willing to try. As an XF with decent engine performance would be close to the perfect drivers/family car for me. And to be honest 3 years of the current performance would bug me (As to be honest right now for driving I wish I has got the A5 3.0TDI or a 335d, 2 cars with much better performance)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Just spoke to Mike today and said he will honor his offer to us, so it'll be £618 total if you take it into them. He reckons about an hour and a half to do it and said its totally undetectable be Jag, so may be booking myself in on the 11th Sept.
Forgot to ask him, but does anyone know if it'll improve the MPG and if so by how much? Reason I ask is that the premise of why I'm getting it done as far as the domestic banker is concerned. :oops:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10ben said:
Just spoke to Mike today and said he will honor his offer to us, so it'll be £618 total if you take it into them. He reckons about an hour and a half to do it and said its totally undetectable be Jag, so may be booking myself in on the 11th Sept.
Forgot to ask him, but does anyone know if it'll improve the MPG and if so by how much? Reason I ask is that the premise of why I'm getting it done as far as the domestic banker is concerned. :oops:
Paramount Performance are doing it for a discounted £351 at the moment! But what about telling your insurance company you have modded the car.

Having looked at the performance curves I decided not to do it.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
rclifford said:
I think I will, I've got the car on a 3 year lease and want to try the difference as their claims put it in the ball park of the 530d, a car I was very impressed with. I like the XF I just find the engine response disapointing so at £600 with the discount thats only £200 a year. something I'm willing to try. As an XF with decent engine performance would be close to the perfect drivers/family car for me. And to be honest 3 years of the current performance would bug me (As to be honest right now for driving I wish I has got the A5 3.0TDI or a 335d, 2 cars with much better performance)
How does it cope with updates by Jaguar, two of which are known to be required by some cars at present; never mind those that may emerge in the future. Is there a possibilty of conflict? I just think of the grief imposed on iPhone owners updating software, through iTunes, over DIY installations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts