XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a luxury model and it appears that my car doesn't have the automatic dipping mirror! Does anyone know if the software can be added to enable this???

·
Registered
618 Posts
yes it can but its not just software it is additional wiring also. Basically anything that is fitted to any XF can be retrofitted if you are willing to pay

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I was hoping that all the wiring was already there!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
craig said:
yes it can but its not just software it is additional wiring also. Basically anything that is fitted to any XF can be retrofitted if you are willing to pay
Mmm clearly not quite as cut and dry as that Craig. Jaguar seems to have an aversion to retrofitting a lot of things at present, lets hope once the initial hype has died down they will start offering things.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Its not Jaguar that is the problem as the parts are available, its the dealers not wanting to do it. You should never take no for an answer from a dealer. If one won't do it try another.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, are you saying that it can be done? I would have thought that it was just software as surely all the wiring is there already doing a similar job.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if I bumped this message maybe service man might know the answer;0)

Loving the site BTW, I read every post, but as you can see don't have the time to do much posting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK you have to have memory seats to have this function which is why if retrofitted you would need new module, seats the lot. For those who have it you will know you adjust and store the ammount of travel is inputted when reverse is selected. For this reason memory module needs to be present. About £5000 approx in total. I hope you can all understand why this is not retrofittable and not dealers being awkward. In fact if a customer came into me wanting to pay the money i would be rubbing my hands.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the prompt reply. It isn't in the menue screen, but the mirrors do everything else that the mirrors should do including power folding, hence the thought that it might just be a software update. I have asked my dealer and they were gonna look into it......

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Service, I will live without it and book myself a round the world cruise instead :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts