XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealer (cardfiff) and the service manager is 100% sure its a duff diff that is causing my noise, in fact its the worst diff noise he has heard. So it looks like it will take more than a few days to get this one sorted. The noise was present from pick up but is much worse now with 650 miles on the clock. What bugs me is that it is now costing me money, 2 trips so far to the dealer 40+ miles, cost of changing my insurance to suit the loan car (little Volvo) etc and I have to replace any petrol I use in the meantime. Service manager said this should have picked up on the pre del prep (already spoke to peterborough). At least the car should be silent when I get it back.

gary

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Re: Differential gone

I feel for you Gary. Let's hope that everything is corrected and your faith restored.
Interesting point about the insurance. I had the same experience, same type of car, it must be "you know who's" practice, but the difference was that my insurer said that it would not give rise to an additional charge unless the replacement was in a different and higher group.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Jaguar have said they will reimburse me (and/or the dealer) all costs, not that I am tight you understand, I wonder if they will throw in a free service
Looks like another day sitting in waiting for phone calls.

gary no jag

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

garyxf said:
Jaguar have said they will reimburse me (and/or the dealer) all costs, not that I am tight you understand, I wonder if they will throw in a free service
Looks like another day sitting in waiting for phone calls.

gary no jag
I suppose, being realistic, the best you can expect is a credit being applied to the cost of your Service when it becomes due. Can't see "You know who" getting their cheque book out :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have been offered first service free they are serious about goodwill and all that. New diff coming tomorrow should have the car back later in the day.

gary

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

garyxf said:
I have been offered first service free they are serious about goodwill and all that. New diff coming tomorrow should have the car back later in the day.

gary
Result :!: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

After a good start it is now turning sour, a late call from the dealer the part is not available in the UK they are having to source it from Germany (beats me as well) maybe thursday maybe friday maybe next week I have been told so in other words they do not know when its coming. The free service is not looking that good after all. Anyone know the email address for Geoff Cousins the MD?

gary

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

Sorry to hear that Gary; lets hope that it is not a long wait.
As for Geoff Cousins email address, I would try what has worked for me in the past.
Send a mail to him at each domain you can find, @jaguar.com, is the first, then look for another, perhaps @Jaguar.co.uk. or @jaguarcars.co.uk and so on. Then send your mail to as many addresses as you can find and in as many name styles, starting with [email protected] then [email protected] and so on.
If you do not get a hit the mailserver will bounce it back to you and you will quickly discover the wrong ones.
I did this the other day to the chairman of a venture capital company and by the end of the day I had a mail from the chairman saying that he was asking the relevant director to investigate. As it happens I had a telephone call the following morning from the sloppy garage advising me that the cheque I had been trying to get was in the post :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Latest update (2mins ago) and its scary is that they have no idea when they can get the part required and are now trying to get me into a higher class hire car for god knows how long. That is not what I wanted to hear.

gary

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

garyxf said:
Latest update (2mins ago) and its scary is that they have no idea when they can get the part required and are now trying to get me into a higher class hire car for god knows how long. That is not what I wanted to hear.

gary
Well I know it is frustrating and I am sure if I were in your place I would be enraged by it all. However, if you can just accept the car upgrade and use it freely who knows it might be a nice experience. Certainly I would not mind being left in an XJ for a week or two.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They are offering me Range Rovers what do I want with a friggin Range Rover I still have to pay for the juice. Letter to the MD written and will be posted later.

gary no jag pi$$ed off news at ten

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

Gary, there is obviously no consoling you and I feel for you. Let's hope the letter to Cousins doesn't bring further grief, just good news :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Latest on mine is that jaguar may be taking one from a car, they have now given me an S type fully loaded paid for by Jaguar but it is still not the same. Other news is my other fault the blue light that shines on the door handle was not working they have to replace the whole door panel, jaguar are not repair or user friendly are they. Even worse news is that I pranged the courtesy car taking it back to the garage (it was on my insurance) my first accident since 1963. It never rains but it pours. Suicidal what me.

gary

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

garyxf said:
They are offering me Range Rovers what do I want with a friggin Range Rover I still have to pay for the juice. Letter to the MD written and will be posted later.

gary no jag pi$$ed off news at ten
Gary, did you know it is customary to have a mobile phone jammed to your ear when you are driving a Range Rover? :mrgreen:
Hope things sort themselves out soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Maybe that's what caused the accident?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Steamdreamer said:
Maybe that's what caused the accident?
No I just could not see through the red mist in front of my eyes.

What I am thinking of doing, if no further forward by the middle of next week I may follow Craigs advice ie if they cannot fix or tell me when they can fix it I will have a new one + a few comfort toys like B&W and rear screens or maybe free diesel for the life of the car or I will tell Watchdog, just joking I have already told them (not)

gary - still no jag still no friggin idea when I will get it.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

garyxf said:
Latest on mine is that jaguar may be taking one from a car, they have now given me an S type fully loaded paid for by Jaguar but it is still not the same. Other news is my other fault the blue light that shines on the door handle was not working they have to replace the whole door panel, jaguar are not repair or user friendly are they. Even worse news is that I pranged the courtesy car taking it back to the garage (it was on my insurance) my first accident since 1963. It never rains but it pours. Suicidal what me.

gary
Gary,
You have achieved a lot and I think that you have done as well as could be expected, better in fact. Most would only get the baby Volvo and spoonfull of fuel.
With regard to the blue light; look on the bright side, it might very well have been a flashing blue light but not on the handle but in your rear view mirror :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Just thinking if I had been driving the xf (when I pranged the courtesy car reversing) I would not have pranged it because its got the rear camera. These things are sent to try us.

gary

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

My letter to the MD Jaguar has had a response, there are 2 of us with this fault and I will know tomorrow what is going to happen, a production line rob most likely. They are aware that the shortage in spares is a big problem.

gary

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

garyxf said:
My letter to the MD Jaguar has had a response, there are 2 of us with this fault and I will know tomorrow what is going to happen, a production line rob most likely. They are aware that the shortage in spares is a big problem.

gary
Excellent, from whom did you get the reply? Was it himself?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts