XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, long story short, 2011 3.0d XFS required replacement engine. Got an independent to swap for reconditioned engine, I've got the car back eventually however I've not really taken it out much due to the situation we are in. However a couple of times I have I feel as if its not as powerful and I don't think the twin turbo kicks in.

I try to contact garage to ask them what they've done, however they've gone quiet and responding to my questions.

Does anyone know how to find the engine number of XFS 2011 plate or XF 2008 - 2015. Unless anyone knows how to tell the difference between XF and XFS engine.

Thank you for your help
Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good morning Dave m13.
I've just had a look in my handbook to see what it shows about the engine number location for the XF. My car is the 3.0 litre diesel XFS 2010.5 according to the "print out" information given to me when I purchased it in 2010.
The handbook states: ENGINE NUMBER. Note: to access the engine number, it may be necessary to remove the engine covers. For further assistance, contact your Dealer/Authorised repairer. It goes on: Diesel engines, the number is located on a metal label attached to the top of the left-hand camshaft cover.
I'll try to locate the catalogue for the XF range that I had when I was in the process of buying my car in 2010, it might shed some light on the differences between the XF and XFS regarding the engine specification. I can't for the life of me remember the differences so I won't quote any thing now.
I hope this is useful for now.
Dos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dos, thank you for the information. I will have a dig around the engine to see what I can find.

I contact Jaguar themselves and they've advised that there is no physical difference between the XF and XFS, though if I find the engine number they may be able to tell which one it is.

Thanks again
Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Dos, thank you for the information. I will have a dig around the engine to see what I can find.

I contact Jaguar themselves and they've advised that there is no physical difference between the XF and XFS, though if I find the engine number they may be able to tell which one it is.

Thanks again
Dave
Did you get this sorted? It may be that you have to get the ECU/Engine tuned again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts