XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm the rumour that dealers are being advised NOT to sell diesel XFs to customers who anticipate annual mileages of less than 20,000 due to diesel particulate filter and service interval issues?

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
burkey said:
Can anyone confirm the rumour that dealers are being advised NOT to sell diesel XFs to customers who anticipate annual mileages of less than 20,000 due to diesel particulate filter and service interval issues?
If it were April 1st I would just smile, today I keep in mind that the average annual mileage of a car in the UK is I think considerably lower than 20,000 miles :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Crikey :eek: I ve only done 6400 miles in 13 months, if thats the case I am scupped :!:

Correct me if i am wrong, but its short runs that CAN cause the problems with dpf blighter due to not enough heat being generated to burn off and clear the filter.

I have not had an issue due to most of my trips are 20 miles or more.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
burkey said:
Sounds like a typical scare mongering rumour without foundation. Done 8000 miles in 11 months, never had a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts