XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked from elsewhere that there is a recall pending on Ingenium diesel engines as below.

Mine is squarely in the middle of the Vin range quoted so I expect a trip to the dealer shortly.

Brand: Jaguar
Name: XF
Type/number of model: Jaguar XF (2016 and certain 2017 Model Year)
Batch number/Bar****** Selected vehicles with diesel engine within VIN range: Jaguar XF - SAJBB4CN4GCY00005 to SAJBB4AN4GCY20385.

Details: The under-bonnet low pressure fuel feed hose may detach from the fuel filter causing the engine to cut out and reduce brake power. Engine cut-out with minimal warning could potentially cause a vehicle crash.

·
Administrator
22,533 Posts
I picked from elsewhere that there is a recall pending on Ingenium diesel engines as below.

Mine is squarely in the middle of the Vin range quoted so I expect a trip to the dealer shortly.

Brand: Jaguar
Name: XF
Type/number of model: Jaguar XF (2016 and certain 2017 Model Year)
Batch number/Bar****** Selected vehicles with diesel engine within VIN range: Jaguar XF - SAJBB4CN4GCY00005 to SAJBB4AN4GCY20385.

Details: The under-bonnet low pressure fuel feed hose may detach from the fuel filter causing the engine to cut out and reduce brake power. Engine cut-out with minimal warning could potentially cause a vehicle crash.
What, after all this ;)

Ingenium will also come to market as one of the most tested and proven Jaguar Land Rover engines ever. Before the first Ingenium engine is sold, it will have already undergone the equivalent of more than eight years of the toughest, most punishing testing that Jaguar Land Rover engineers could devise. These tests include a huge range of integrity and durability testing, including more than 72,000 hours of dyno testing and 2 million of miles of real-world testing to ensure these engines deliver - and continue to deliver.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What, after all this ;)
I know, I know...

But all the testing in the world won't stop some supplier cutting corners on a tuppeny hose clip.

Interestingly, the same source (European commission website) warns of a recall for Mercedes owners due to wheels detaching without aid of a toolkit :lol:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why is the pending recall only on XF as isn't this engine fitted in the XE and F Pace? The timing chain related problems with this engine also mentioned on Jaguar Forums are obviously not serious enough to warrant a recall yet which is good news.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is the pending recall only on XF as isn't this engine fitted in the XE and F Pace? The timing chain related problems with this engine also mentioned on Jaguar Forums are obviously not serious enough to warrant a recall yet which is good news.
I think you're right. It covers XE too apparently.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Perhaps the timing chain problems are not a widespread as some would make out. I looked through the XE forum and couldn't find a mention of the issue.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Not unexpected, and certainly not a sign that the sky is falling. The real question for you guys is, can Jaguar's tiny and already overtaxed dealer network promptly act on the recall of 20,380 vehicles.

I'd imagine a detached fuel hose is also a fire and loss of control (diesel getting under the rear wheels) safety concern.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
But the recall has been extended to 42,987 XEs and 20,380 XFs.

Selected vehicles with diesel engine within VIN range: Jaguar XE – SAJAB4C1XGA900002 to SAJAB4CN2HA942989 / Jaguar XF – SAJBB4CN4GCY00005 to SAJBB4AN4GCY20385

On the positive side, the fix can be done in 1 hour as you wait at the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Many thanks to GS&P and the Forum for alerting me to this recall. I contacted my local JLR dealer who verified that my XF requires the fix, and it is now booked in for the job. I will take the opportunity to have a few other minor issues sorted out...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had mine done today.

I barely had time to accept a cup of coffee before my keys were returned. Maximum 15 minutes, including the time it took to retrieve the car and return it to the car park.

Dealer explained the campaign was due to the possibility of failure of a clip joining 2 fuel hoses, and so far of 28 vehicles checked by them only 1 had such a fault.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Had mine done today.

I barely had time to accept a cup of coffee before my keys were returned. Maximum 15 minutes, including the time it took to retrieve the car and return it to the car park.

Dealer explained the campaign was due to the possibility of failure of a clip joining 2 fuel hoses, and so far of 28 vehicles checked by them only 1 had such a fault.
Good service from dealer but one in 28 is a disaster and explains the recall.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The recall was to fix a wire clip to the fuel pipe attached to the filter bowl. The pipe has always been a push fit on the Ford manufactured D engine as fitted to the S type and XF and had not caused any major problems previously. A similar push fit arrangement is on the ingenium D engine to the filter bowl and a very small number of pipes had slipped off the plastic connector so a wire clip is now belt and bracers. Jaguar have been quick in responding which is commendable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you're right. It covers XE too apparently.
My 2017 Jaguar Diesel timing chain broke. $24K to replace. I am filing a class action law suite. My attorney's would like to have 1 or 2 more people join in the claim. If interested contact me at 816-785-9844

1 - 14 of 14 Posts