XF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new xf 2nd one has turned up but looking down the side of car i have found what looks like little dents under drivers door handle to which dealer says is common on xf. :(

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have had a good look down the side of my car and I can't see an dents/marks/deformations under the driver's door handle.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
I gaze at my car constantly and if any such formation was there on mine I would have seen it and I can tell you there is not :!:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Honestly, some Jaguar dealers (mine included) are an embarrassment to the motor trade. My suggestion is this. Drive your car to your dealership, park it in the customer car park. Find another customers' XF or a showroom model. Check for dents under the door handle. Ask to see the service manager and sales manager and show them the difference.

Quite incredibly, I did this with my scored brake discs but the dealer insisted there was still no problem!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
my new xf 2nd one has turned up but looking down the side of car i have found what looks like little dents under drivers door handle to which dealer says is common on xf. :(
Is it possible that the dents you see will, from the right angle and favourable lighting, photograph. :?:
Then take a picture of the other side of the car in the same position,i.e, lighting and angle ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
:twisted: i am using the devil symbol because that what i think is imbedded in every car dealer, they cant seem to help it, its second nature, if a dent was a common problem than there would be hundreds of XFs in the bodyshops right now because we Jag owners take pride in our cars, we would not except this and neither shoud you. the only common dent is in the dealers brain. there i have said it. :twisted:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
v6arj said:
:twisted: i am using the devil symbol because that what i think is imbedded in every car dealer, they cant seem to help it, its second nature, if a dent was a common problem than there would be hundreds of XFs in the bodyshops right now because we Jag owners take pride in our cars, we would not except this and neither shoud you. the only common dent is in the dealers brain. there i have said it. :twisted:
SN08 TOM said:
been to see dealer today who now agrees i have reason to complain .i love my car again.not that it was cars fault in first place !
Well if you read Tom's words,as above and posted elsewhere, you will see that he and is dealer are now at one :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
The only time I have seen dents around door handles is when the car has been broken into and not repaired very well. Are all doors the same?
With the XF as long as the door skin pressing moulds were ok all cars should be the same either all dented or all smooth.

gary

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have now had the dent removed by dentmagic but now i can still see ripples and after searching the net i have found that a person with the username JAGMAN08 has same problems on another forum...Please can you all look from the back of the car underneath the front door handle.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
I have now had the dent removed by dentmagic but now i can still see ripples and after searching the net i have found that a person with the username JAGMAN08 has same problems on another forum...Please can you all look from the back of the car underneath the front door handle.
I can't keep up with you, the other day you wrote:

quote="SN08 TOM"]
Faith may be restored next week as I am having my door replaced...only time will tell...
However, I have been out in the car today and it is still the best car I have ever owned!!! :)
WATCH THIS SPACE!![/
quote]

So now what has happened? Do I understand that a new door was fitted and you accepted it with defects or is it that you did not have the door replaced and you chose to engage dentmagic?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No they did not replace the door and the dealership engaged dentmagic who did get the dent out but it has left the ripples in the paintwork.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
No they did not replace the door and the dealership engaged dentmagic who did get the dent out but it has left the ripples in the paintwork.
Well that begs the question, who is paying the bill? If Jaguar, as I suspect, why has not the garage rejected the work of Dentmagic? It seems to be a straight fight between the two and either you finish up with a satisfactory repair or a new door; either way it surely is a matter for the dealer to resolve.
Is Jaguar aware of the proposed remedy and outcome because I can't think they will want to reimburse the garage under a warranty claim. Or am I missing something else?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dentmagic did the work to satisfactory condition but i am now left with ripples in the area around the door handle.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
Dentmagic did the work to satisfactory condition but i am now left with ripples in the area around the door handle.
I am sorry but I am at a loss to understand exactly what the position is and was. If ripples have been left as a result of removing the dent, then it is a bad job. If the ripples were there before the dent was repaired the question arises, why were they not part of the complaint.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have looked at every XF I have come acroos for door handle dents and everyone is perfect, the area must have been damaged before you picked up your car, difficult to prove mind. Would have thought the dealer would have fixed it out of goodwill.

gary

1 - 18 of 18 Posts