XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your delivery mileage when you picked your XF up?

Mine's waiting at the dealer and he told me it had 5 miles on the clock. That's not bad as i've had brand new cars with nearly 100 miles on the clock before!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm getting my car delivered. I live near the lake district and the car is coming from London.

I don't relish the prospect of having my car delivered with over 200 miles on the clock. Is there anyway I can request that it be delivered on a transporter of some sort ?

Has anyone had any experience of this .....

Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Pekem.

The amount i've paid for the car, I would have thought that this would have been all part of the cost/service. It's a big turn off to think of someone driving my car for over 200 miles and messing with all the settings.

It's like someone reading your newspaper you've paid for before you.... and also taking pages out...

Or am I getting carried away.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hi Pekem.

The amount i've paid for the car, I would have thought that this would have been all part of the cost/service. It's a big turn off to think of someone driving my car for over 200 miles and messing with all the settings.

It's like someone reading your newspaper you've paid for before you.... and also taking pages out...

Or am I getting carried away.
Transporter delivery is always an extra whoever you deal with, you pay for delivery to the showroom in with the price. Phil

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Is it totally out of the question of picking it up yourself, it would be a splendid experience ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is it totally out of the question of picking it up yourself, it would be a splendid experience ?
I'd agree with you Pekem, having a decent 200 mile run back from collecting a new car gives you a lot of opportunity to understand the car and all the toys. I did a 200 mile journey 2 days after collecting mine and it was quite a learning experience :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
Transporter delivery is always an extra whoever you deal with, you pay for delivery to the showroom in with the price. Phil
As a general rule, we don't charge for delivery on new or used cars. It's all part of the service :) I agree with Pekem though. Nothing beats a dealership handover :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you all for the feedback. I shall be making a call to the dealer and finding out how they intend to deliver the car.

I don't have time to travel to pick the car up :(.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
For what it is worth I have had many cars delivered to my house over the years and never so much as a spec of dust. The handover from Jaguar is superb even to pairing my phone on the last occasion.
Has any forum member ever had any damage?
Bernard

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I picked up a new Volvo V70, I couldn't understand why the trip was reading more miles than the total readout.
It turned out there is a facility for dealers to reset the mileometer with up to 300 miles on the clock!! This can be classed as delivery miles and so is quite legal, and common practice, I was told.
I bought the car in 2006 - not sure whether Jag do this, or whether it's still allowed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Of course you can ask the dealer and I am sure they could arrange it but at what cost ?
I can see the prospect of a hefty charge for this, but does it have to be so? At least the delivery driver has a vehicle to get back, whereas if he's driving the XF presumably he'll need a train ticket. So, for the supplying dealer, even taking account of the delivery truck running cost (not just fuel etc.), maybe there's not so much in it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts