XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a letter from the dealer principal of my local Jag dealership inviting me to buy another Jaguar from his dealership. It had a bit of a desperate tone to it! I hope Jag keeps its head above water.

It is frustrating that even the XF attracts a discount now, and quite a healthy one too.

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Roma said:
I got a letter from the dealer principal of my local Jag dealership inviting me to buy another Jaguar from his dealership. It had a bit of a desperate tone to it! I hope Jag keeps its head above water.

It is frustrating that even the XF attracts a discount now, and quite a healthy one too.
These discount deals may better reflect the sales performance of the particular dealer as we approach the end of the third quarter than any change of pricing policy by Jaguar.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Roma said:

You have bought a new XF a few months ago, and they are now asking you to buy another? :shock:

Regarding discounts, I got a healthy one on my brand new XF (September 58) only because the car was in stock. I also hear on the news that the X Type factory will shut for a week - but I think ALL manufacturers of luxury cars are suffering at the present time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Speaking from the International perspective, XF's are selling like hot cakes in the middle east, although it's impossible to buy a diesel here. There's no discounts on offer here as a result. If Jaguar concentrate some effort here, they'll sweep up and maybe it will be the lifeline they need until the UK/Europe market recovers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can get discounts on stock cars easily which you always have been able to do even on the germans. Getting more than about 1000 on an order though is quite hard. The XF is selling well and Jaguars latest sales figures show that worldwide they have sold more cars by the end of June this year than they did the whole of last year. All car dealers are having it tough at the moment. How many 08 and 58 reg cars have you seen around? not a lot!

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
craig said:
You can get discounts on stock cars easily which you always have been able to do even on the germans. Getting more than about 1000 on an order though is quite hard. The XF is selling well and Jaguars latest sales figures show that worldwide they have sold more cars by the end of June this year than they did the whole of last year. All car dealers are having it tough at the moment. How many 08 and 58 reg cars have you seen around? not a lot!

That is somewhat disingenuous because the June figure will include the pre-launch numbers and of course the undoubted subsequent demand for the XF in the second quarter. In my view, It is simple economics that the present discounts available reflect the over production in the third quarter which will be corrected in the fourth. No manufacturer is going to burden dealers with cars that have to be financed and which are not selling. Once the production and sales are in balance the prices will harden unless Jaguar decides to try and stimulate the market with fresh offers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got an invite today from Sytner Cardiff (BMW) a new car event to be held from sep 27 to oct 5 offering discounts from £3000 upwards, so jag are not the only ones.

gary

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I had a BMW that I just handed back to the dealership before collecting my XF.

It was a 325M sport convertible, 12K miles and 12 months old, book price of 36K as I had bought it tax free and obtained a sizeable discount I was able to offer the car up for £23K I contacted 4 dealers and none of them were even interested never mind making offers, one chap told me he had 7 on his forecourt :roll: So, I think this is a general issue rather than Jag focussed.

I don't care anyway, as I've now got mine :D

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
zx10ben said:

It was a 325M sport convertible, 12K miles and 12 months old, book price of 36K as I had bought it tax free and obtained a sizeable discount I was able to offer the car up for £23K I contacted 4 dealers and none of them were even interested never mind making offers, one chap told me he had 7 on his forecourt :roll: So, I think this is a general issue rather than Jag focussed.

I don't care anyway, as I've now got mine :D
If I were 30 years younger I would take the Queens shilling and have the same experience. Just stay safe :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
zx10ben said:

It was a 325M sport convertible, 12K miles and 12 months old, book price of 36K as I had bought it tax free and obtained a sizeable discount I was able to offer the car up for £23K I contacted 4 dealers and none of them were even interested never mind making offers, one chap told me he had 7 on his forecourt :roll: So, I think this is a general issue rather than Jag focussed. :D
I actually brought forward my new car purchase by six months due to the car I was trading in (a petrol BMW) being in band G for road tax and a plummeting resale value month on month. I got lucky as my Jag dealer have a BMW dealership in their company structure, so it was shipped up north somewhere - my part exchange price was MORE than what they are selling it for now. :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts