XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the introduction of the new 3.00 engined XF a number of members have traded their 2.7 and others, like me, have thought about but not yet decided to deal. :?

zx10ben told us that he was offered £24,500 for his car in PX for the new PL S.

Neillbro tells us today that he is considering an XF R and says:
"I am trying to Negotiate a deal on one at the moment and I am being quoted £30k to change, anyone think that is a good price?"

I did check out the offer price for mine the other day, 2.7 PL, with http://www.wewillbuyyourcar.com/?gclid= ... 4wod8kuQDQ and was offered just over £26.000.
I checked it because a dealer offered me a new Portfolio in exchange for my car and £12000 :!:

So, what is your experience or opinion as to the deals presently available :?:
Is it really better to deal at the end of the Dealer's accounting month :?:
What about selling privately and buying through an intermediary; does that work :?:
Do you have any tips to share :?:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on the market as I'm looking to get my car in august/september. Broadspeed seem to have some good prices which I intend to use to push the dealer when I come to ordering.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
PEKEM are you being drawn to the dark side as well? :eek: I thought you were a staunch 2.7 supporter! ;)

Just as a heads up, I was chatting to another dealer who incidently isn't doing anything with me so he's quite impartial.
He said that now that the 3Ltr is becoming the mainstream engine, the book price on the 2.7 in the next quarter could suffer a sharp drop, not a horrific drop in value but approximately 5%. For those owners looking to keep hold of their 2.7's this won't have much of an effect on them as the market will even itself out after a while and the values should stabalise. But for those umming and arring over whether to make the switch, you will get the best prices during this 3rd qtr.
Bottom line is, if your going to do it, get your price before September.

Remember I didn't say this, this is from a Jaguar rep, so if you do go for it and find that in November they would have offerred you another £10K, don't take it out on the messenger :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
VAT is going up at the end of the year, adding as much as 5% to the price if the pundits are correct. I also think the list prices will have to rise due to the continued weakness of sterling.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zx10ben said:
PEKEM are you being drawn to the dark side as well? :eek: I thought you were a staunch 2.7 supporter! ;)

Just as a heads up, I was chatting to another dealer who incidently isn't doing anything with me so he's quite impartial.
He said that now that the 3Ltr is becoming the mainstream engine, the book price on the 2.7 in the next quarter could suffer a sharp drop, not a horrific drop in value but approximately 5%. For those owners looking to keep hold of their 2.7's this won't have much of an effect on them as the market will even itself out after a while and the values should stabalise. But for those umming and arring over whether to make the switch, you will get the best prices during this 3rd qtr.
Bottom line is, if your going to do it, get your price before September.

Remember I didn't say this, this is from a Jaguar rep, so if you do go for it and find that in November they would have offerred you another £10K, don't take it out on the messenger :lol:
I have thought about changing, the feeling comes and goes, but I would need an exceptional deal. Also I think that it is very difficult for anyone to predict future values; there are so many factors that can move the market one way or the other.
I wonder what will happen when the XJ is launched next week :?:
Quite a few XF owners will be tempted by it and I am sure and there will still be a need for dealers to hit their XF targets at a time when a bright new star is sitting in the showroom :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Indeed a good point on the XJ release, but also worth noting that many dealers targets are set on a quarterly basis. So July may be a very good month to deal.

I noted the targets on the whiteboard in the managers office and the numbers sold thus far. The quarter ends at the end of July, and I have to say the figures I could see certainly played a part in how far we thought we could push.

It is a buyers market at the moment for sure.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The quarter for most will have just ended, Jag have just renewed the 5.9% APR offer from what I've just been told for the 3rd quarter. Been offered a decent price for a new car, or for an instock car. Just gotta decide what to do...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Think i might wait for the new baby sports car with the 3 .0 S engine that i hear rumours about maybe in a couple of years.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Pekem, if you want the best deal then trade your car through webuyanycar.com or the one you mention (i was offered 27k for mine) and then you can deal with the dealer as a straight cash purchase which will give you a better discount. Before you do, you may want to check http://www.drivethdeal.com where you can get a new and first register to you portfolio S for 39720 so based on my math thats either a good deal (if you were quoted for a non S) or is the same as what you have been quoted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sometimes it's all about hitting the dealer in a good mood and at the right time.

In a much earlier post I mentioned the cost to change between my 2.7d Prem Lux and my new 3.0DS Portfolio and a couple of people on the forum (yes you were one Pekem!) said quite clearly that I was either making it up (I'm being polite) or dillusional. The fact that I have invoices to prove it cost me just £6.5k to change seems to have passed everyone by :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure if I was just lucky but the deal certainly worked for me ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
DeKay said:
Sometimes it's all about hitting the dealer in a good mood and at the right time.

In a much earlier post I mentioned the cost to change between my 2.7d Prem Lux and my new 3.0DS Portfolio and a couple of people on the forum (yes you were one Pekem!) said quite clearly that I was either making it up (I'm being polite) or dillusional. The fact that I have invoices to prove it cost me just £6.5k to change seems to have passed everyone by :lol: :lol: :lol:

How old and how many miles had your 2.7D done to get that price ?

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DeKay said:

My comments Dekay at the time, were that it would have been good to know which dealer you used, so others could get the same deal.
I then said that I thought the purchase of Vapourgrey's (penultimateblack) was a sensible thing; suggesting that he was spending the kids inheritance :)
Nothing impolite about that surely :?:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=627&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi i've been tempted and ordered a new 3.0 xf luxury.i think i've got a good deal.£6000 and my car ,a 2.7 luxury with 8800 miles on the clock.there have been good discounts on the xf and i thought it was probably the right time to change now, as one garage in the same dealership only offered me £24800,it works out i'am getting around £27000 from this one,and my car isn't coming till the 1st of september.if you are thinking of changing seems it is best to shop around the dealers.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've just twigged why the offer I've had is lower than most quoted.
I'm not actually able to sell it until September, so all the quotes I've had have been for 2 months in advance! I would probably have gotten a better offer if the vehicle was available immediately.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

Have today spent most of the time speaking to dealers both in person and Internet I am looking at going one better and looking at the XFR...But at the moment the deals are not great but have to agree both internet web "Drive the deal" and "Broadspeed" have good offers you can even part ex with dealership they put you in contact with...of course new XFR will be ULTIMATE BLACK ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
JACKAROO said:
Hi,

Have today spent most of the time speaking to dealers both in person and Internet I am looking at going one better and looking at the XFR...But at the moment the deals are not great but have to agree both internet web "Drive the deal" and "Broadspeed" have good offers you can even part ex with dealership they put you in contact with...of course new XFR will be ULTIMATE BLACK ;)
Yeah drivethdeal is good and if you sell your car through webuyanycar as I said above then even better

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just short of 14k miles and 11 months old

iceman said:
DeKay said:

How old and how many miles had your 2.7D done to get that price ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I go on drivethedeal.com I just seem to get passed from pillar to post though numerous websites.

Has anyone any idea which links to follow?

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xfphillips said:
Sorry to change the subject but can you do a PCP arrangement with a deal from a broker such as drivethedeal.com?
Yes, to get a quote for a new car on a PCP scheme, first take a quote for the car you would like to buy, then click on 'Finance this Car' to get a PCP quote.
http://www.drivethedeal.com/#

1 - 20 of 23 Posts