XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL.
Had a nextbase 522 dashcam fitted by Halfords . Hard wired .
They tell me car is permanent live (62 plate 13 reg xf) all this year are ?
So every time i park up i have to remove camera to prevent draining battery .
Has anyone else come across this as bit of a pain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have a nextbase hard wired to the power socket in the console. When I fitted it I searched for a ignition switched feed but was unable to find one. However, the power will go off after a short while when the can is switched off. As soon as I open the door the power returns to the dashcam. Mine has been fitted for a while, and I have had no problems with the battery.

Ian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I have a nextbase hard wired to the power socket in the console. When I fitted it I searched for a ignition switched feed but was unable to find one. However, the power will go off after a short while when the can is switched off. As soon as I open the door the power returns to the dashcam. Mine has been fitted for a while, and I have had no problems with the battery.

Ian
Many thanks for that , will leave and see what happens ,

·
Registered
7 Posts
My XF is my "second car" as I have a company car which I am obliged to use, and the XF only gets used at the weekends and sometimes once in the week. On occasions, it has stood for three weeks without moving and still no problems. Have you considered checking if you dash cam goes off after switching off the car and locking the doors. Just check after 5 mins or so by looking through the window and seeing if the dash cam is still powered. I have done this and for sure the cam is off. As soon as I open the door, the cam switches on. As I mentioned I picked up a live feed from the power socket in the centre console by running a wire along the headlining, down the A pillar. Then along the bottom of the dash and down the centre console and into the bottom of the power socket. It sounds harder than it is and the cable is completely hidden. Then you wont have to worry about it.
Ian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hvae exactly the same result as IanXF, although i found live feed in fuse box near accelerator. cables neatly hidden the same way. cam switches off shortly after car is off and locked and switches on straight after opening door.
Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI ALL.
Had a nextbase 522 dashcam fitted by Halfords . Hard wired .
They tell me car is permanent live (62 plate 13 reg xf) all this year are ?
So every time i park up i have to remove camera to prevent draining battery .
Has anyone else come across this as bit of a pain
Hi Alan
I have the same hardwired dashcam and when you turn the engine off the dashcam powers down, so it doesn’t drain your battery.
When the car engine is off and the doors are locked the dashcam turns its self off
I hope this helps
Swampmonster

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Alan
I have the same hardwired dashcam and when you turn the engine off the dashcam powers down, so it doesn’t drain your battery.
When the car engine is off and the doors are locked the dashcam turns its self off
I hope this helps
Swampmonster
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts