XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diesel with all the options bar the sunroof and including illuminated sill plates (that dont illuminate :roll: ) and chrome side vents

OK here are the first quick pics taken outside a friends place this afternoon (inbetween the rain) Apologies for the ****e quality but didnt notice phone was on wrong setting. Some decent ones to follow when I get my new place next week / weather improves.....

Review to follow

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Great Pics Craig

Looks really classy with the dark interior as well. Going to be a nightmare to keep clean! - At least it will be a labour of love.

Midnight is such a good colour saw one in the flesh the other day and it made the car look very expensive - it was the first one I'd seen outside of the dealership and it really made me want to have mine.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XF Admin said:
Great Pics Craig
Going to be a nightmare to keep clean! - At least it will be a labour of love.
You are not kidding there! its been rained on the other day and it now looks like its got small brown spots ALL over it!

:roll:

Roma, come round and clean my car for me! :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I washed mine today and it is 'gawjus'! The recent rain has been very dirty and most cars are covered in a layer of dirt brought down by the rain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Craig,

After seeing your pictures (they look very good), I am almost sure I should go for a dark colour. Indigo or midnight, or even Radiance Red are good, the contrast from the body colour to the chrome, makes the car look great. However - cleaning is a problem.

The dirty rain this bank holiday weekend has got me thinking about the colour again. Will Liquid Silver, Frost Blue or Azure Blue survives better?

The lazy-me in my brain wants the Warm Charcol interior, because the beige leather in my current car has been getting all kinds of marks on the carpet, plastic and leather. What paint colour goes well with the Warm Charcol interior?

Really hated to wash car myself, usually drive into the car wash machine at the petro station to do it. (The local handwash service charges £75 each time...expensive!)

·
Registered
294 Posts
£75 for a wash?????????

I'm in the wrong job!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also, have you worked out what Roma's cleaning schedule actually MEANS?

24 x 3hrs plus 2 x 8 hrs = 88 hours per year, or well over two normal working WEEKS. Mon Dieu!

·
Registered
374 Posts
^ Sacre bleu! :mrgreen:

My car cleaning routine is in lieu of a gym session. I tend to burn a simiar amount of calories and simply skip a gym session when the old motor needs a wash. It is very therapeutic too. There is something about admiring the mirror-like finish of your XF for an hour or so before it rains!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
a-class-driver said:
Hi Craig,

After seeing your pictures (they look very good), I am almost sure I should go for a dark colour. Indigo or midnight, or even Radiance Red are good, the contrast from the body colour to the chrome, makes the car look great. However - cleaning is a problem.

The dirty rain this bank holiday weekend has got me thinking about the colour again. Will Liquid Silver, Frost Blue or Azure Blue survives better?

The lazy-me in my brain wants the Warm Charcol interior, because the beige leather in my current car has been getting all kinds of marks on the carpet, plastic and leather. What paint colour goes well with the Warm Charcol interior?

Really hated to wash car myself, usually drive into the car wash machine at the petro station to do it. (The local handwash service charges £75 each time...expensive!)
I looked at a Liquid Silver Luxury XF with a Dove Grey bond grain interior and Satin American Walnut this morning.
It lacked the wow factor of the Premium Luxury spec and the colour combination looked cold.

I think Black leather goes well with both the pale blues. I am more than happy with my Vapour Grey/Champagne/Truffle/Burr Walnut combination and have found the bodywork does not show the dirt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dove grey on the PL works well because the carpet colour is charcoal. Also living near Guildford means I can use the Polish hand car wash service which charges only £8 for a good outside clean and finish. Their full valet costs just £30!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I picked Charcoal with the silver for my PL (due in jun), if I had been brave enough I would have had one of the 2 light colours (ivory or champagne) but my 22 month old grandson would destroy the interior in 5 seconds flat. The demo car was silver/ivory and being only a few days old the marks were already showing, worst was the bottom of the doors, the shoe scuffs were there for all to see.

gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts