XF Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to look at a xf 2.2d the other day, very nice and tidy car, owner was very honest said that he didnt know to a couple of my questions, maybe you can answer them,
1, how do you engage and disengage the EPB?
2, the bonnet has an after market leaping jaguar on it, are they legal, he said nothing was said on the last MOT
3,is it a chain or cambelt?
TIA

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
erm...
1. Audio equipment Gadget Camera Bicycle part Auto part

“Having a bonnet mascot is not a criminal offence,” the Department for Transport (DfT) told us. Complicating matters, though, is the potential danger to other road users, particularly pedestrians. If you were involved in an accident and the mascot were deemed to have caused injury, you might be found guilty of an offence.
“Ultimately, it would be up to the courts to decide whether the mascot was within the law,” the DfT said. Car makers such as Rolls-Royce that still fit bonnet mascots make them spring-loaded, which means they will retract, bend or break off in the event of a collision
3. it will be belt

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
i take it you pull up the epb switch to engage and press down to disengage it ?
You need to put your foot on the brake pedal to release it. It also automatically releases when you put the car in gear.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
You need to put your foot on the brake pedal to release it. It also automatically releases when you put the car in gear.
i should have said that!! doooh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Jaguar XF SE P250 R-Dynamic Auto
30 Posts
And when you drive off, if you'd engaged it whilst stationary whilst the engine is running, in a traffic queue, say.

Reactions: ricardo

·
Registered
6 Posts
went to look at a xf 2.2d the other day, very nice and tidy car, owner was very honest said that he didnt know to a couple of my questions, maybe you can answer them,
2, the bonnet has an after market leaping jaguar on it, are they legal, he said nothing was said on the last MOT
TIA
hi Kev it has a cambelt, had mine changed a couple of weeks ago , cost £500. Not sure about the other queries. Derek
I
TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
TIA
Hi
I too have a Jaguar leaper on my jag which is spring loaded , not ridged, . No mention on my MOTs . But I assume it would be up to law on injury if you were involved in an accident.
regards Eric47

1 - 11 of 11 Posts