XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the XF Forum but have enjoyed reading other owners, and soon to be owners, views. Having been through a series of five Mercedes cars which ended fairly abruptly with a ‘Friday afternoon’ previous shape E-Class, I then had custody of a Jaguar S-Type 2.7D for a while but due to its rather small interior and very small boot, switched to a BMW 525D.
I am pleased to say that the XF has won me back to the fold and I am eagerly awaiting collection day on 1st September of an XF 3.0D Premium Luxury, Luna Grey, Warm Charcoal, Rich Oak plus Parking and Media packs.
I was absolutely blown away with the new XF, which I feel is light years ahead of the BMW in just about every department.
I look forward to sharing pictures and experiences with everyone on the XF-Forum.
Happy driving!!!!!!!
:lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rich-XF :)
You are now on the Roll of Honour with a good many others waiting patiently, in most cases, until September.
It will be good to see your pictures and we must set up a September Gallery to show off the cars as they get delivered

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707

It is good to read that the Germans are losing out to Jaguar; this is confirmed in our poll, link below.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1301

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Rich,
I too swapped from a 5 series and was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The wait til Sept will seem interminable, but believe me it'll be well well worth it :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to Pekem & XFAndy for your best wishes.

The wait is excruciating, so I am trying to take my mind off things by reading-up on how best to keep it looking its immaculate. I have spent a small fortune on cleaning gear already and the car is still a week away!!!

I will get some pictures up within a couple of days of taking delivery - decent weather permitting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The dealer has confirm my car to be also ready for collection on the 1st September. So snap.

Likewise the wife's new GTI is also due on the same date, I wonder who's car will be collected first. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Help Please from the UK,

I visited the Jaguar agent here in Dubai where the 2010 XF model is now avaialble without any waiting.

Within the next two days I intend to buy an XF to replace my S-Type, but to many choices makes the final decisions difficult.

Some advice please on what I should consider.Rates are converted from Arab Emirate Dirhams to give UK forumers a feel for the deal.

The new XF 2010 3.0 petrol model basic is £28,000 where the fully loaded model including camera adaptive cruise and everything else the model has to offer is £40,000. (rates converted from Emirates Dirhams). My question, is it worth the money to go fully loaded as they describe the car as out here?

The agent does not have options to upgrade specificakly from the basic model to include say 20 inch alloys etc.

Also a six month old 2009 model XF XV8 supercharged with 20k on the clock at £ 33k is that worth a consideration to buy?

I only ask as we are a bit of the proverbial mushroom in Dubai, and its difficult to grab what is real so any help and advice from the forum memebers would be appreciated

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dubai John :)
That's a nice problem you have :lol:
It would seem to me, without seeing a complete spec sheet for the fully loaded, as they say, the £40,000 figures looks attractive.
Over here, most would regret not having the camera pack I think and if it is only bundled with all the other "goodies"; I would go for that.
It still would cost less there than here I think :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Dubai John.

Sounds like you have a dilemma with everything available off the shelf so to speak.
You have maybe already taken the plunge but here are my views.

Over here, £35k buys you a brand new XF3.0D Premium Luxury with a few extra goodies.
This seems to be a good buy and we do not have the 6-cyl petrols now, as the new 3.0D engines are much better in just about every department. However, in the land of oil, maybe petrol economy/prices are not an issue. If this is the case, the used fire-breathing monster option could be quite attractive.

You will be able to see just about every possible permutation of view on external/internal colour schemes, but it is very much down to personal preference. I am going for Lunar Grey and warm charcoal as I find the silver metallics easier to keep looking the business.

Whatever you decide, have fun driving your XF and we all look forward to you sharing your experiences with the XF Community.

Regards
XF-Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts