XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Jag XF to an exact specification, and it was delivered on to my dealer on Wednesday morning last week. However, when I went to pick it up on Saturday it turned out the dealer had ordered it in the wrong colour.

The dealer has agreed it is their mistake.

However, I am now being told that there is a vehicle matching my exact specification available from another dealer, that they are going to collect it and have it ready for me on Thursday this week (at the latest).

I am a little suspicious that there happens to be an exact match available to the one I have been waiting 2 months for - with exactly the same options and nothing extra - including a relativley random upgrade to I chose to oak wood. My spec was a 2.7d Premium luxury, vapour grey, oak interior, dab radio, 19 inch Carliea alloys, parking camera aid and champagne and truffle seats.

Is it possible the dealer is just re-painting the existing car the colour I want. And if they are, is this a bad thing? Most importantly, how could I find out? I did not (stupidly) make a note of the current cars chasis number on Saturday. I do know the registration number.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

T.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I very much doubt it, you could see the orginal colour under the bonnet and some other places plus they'd never be able to do it that fast anyway.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I would be amazed if such a thing were done. I can't believe that Jaguar would allow it. Would not a re-spray by a third party cause warranty concerns, it surely would not go back to Castle Bromwich. Each stage of a cars production is monitored by Jaguar as a specific job number from the moment that the car is ordered to final delivery and it is inconceivable that the dealer would change a car so that the factory history was at variance. I am prepared to accept that the wheels might be swapped over but not a paint job.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
tirmason said:
Thank you... I am now feeling much less concerned and am very much looking forward to Thursday!
You might discover you are about to take delivery of an XJ :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts